In this tutorial, we will show and guide you on how to set up Face ID on iPhone XS Max, XS and the iPhone XR. The new iPhones were launched by Apple at its annual event some weeks back after much speculations and to what they will be and what not. There are no major changes on last year’s iPhone X but they come with a slight spec bump. The new iPhones comes with an A12 Bionic chip which can run 5 trillion operations per second, they also come with improved cameras.
Last year when the iPhone X was launched, there were instances where people such as identical twins complained their other sibling could unlock their phones using the Face ID. This year, with the absence of the Home button, the security feature of the Face ID has been improved more than ever with a near zero margin for errors. Due to this, it is important to know how to set up Face ID on iPhone XS, XS Max and the iPhone XR.
Face ID Benefits and Functions
No doubt, the number importance of the Face ID feature is security purpose. With Face ID, you can lock and unlock your device just at a glance. Once your Face ID is set up, no one can unlock your iPhone in your absence.
Another function it offers is for payment authentication. Simply by scanning your face, you can authenticate purchases on Apple Pay and other applicable payment platforms.
You can also use Face ID to sign in to apps and lots more. You will now agree it is very important to know how to set up Face ID on iPhone XS, XS Max or the iPhone XR.
How to Set up Face ID on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
To set up Face ID on iPhone XS Max, XS and the XR is just as easy as setting us Touch ID on previous iPhones. Before we began, make sure your iPhone’s front camera lens area is clean and devoid of dirt, put away anything covering your face as well.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone and navigate to “Face ID & Passcode”. Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Tap on “Set Up Face ID”, position your face in front of your iPhone and then tap “Get Started”.
- A circular frame is shown on the screen of your iPhone, look straight and place face appropriately.
- Move head slowly in a circular motion within the frame. Tap Accessibility options if this is not possible.
- Upon completion of Face ID scan, tap “Continue”, repeat the process once again.
- Tap “Done” when set up is completed.
It is important to note that Face ID works best when your phone is 10-20 inches closer to your face.
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone XS
- How to Reset Passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
- iPhone XR, XS & iPhone XS Max Tips and Tricks and Fast Hacks
- iPhone XR, XS and iPhone XS Max Swipe Gestures and Fast Hacks
There you go! That’s how you set up Face ID on iPhone XS, XS Max and the iPhone XR.