It happens, you will need to reset passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS or the XR if you suddenly can’t remember again. The new iPhones were announced by Apple not long ago with the urge to buy new ones still hot more than ever. It is a common occurrence for smartphone users or anyone to forget or not remember passcodes to their devices, thankfully there are ways to pass through the device and gain access once again.
If you are an owner of any of the iPhone XS, XS Max, or the soon to be available XR and you’ve forgotten your passcode and seeing “iPhone is disabled” on the screen, we will guide you on the different ways to reset your passcode. It is important to note when you reset passcode on iPhone XS, XS Max or the XR, all your device data will be wiped off unless you’ve made a backup somewhere.
Ways to Reset Passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
There 3 ways to gain access to your device after locking yourself out, these shall be outlined below.
- iPhone XR, XS and iPhone XS Max Swipe Gestures and Fast Hacks
- How to Take Screenshots on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
- How to Activate Siri on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR
Reset Passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR with iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch the installed iTunes application on the PC. It is expected you must have synced your iPhone with the computer. If not previously synched you will be asked to enter a passcode.
- iTunes will sync and start a backup process, wait for it to be done.
- After the backup is completed, click on “Restore”, on Set Up screen tap on “Restore from iTunes backup”.
- Choose your iPhone and select most recent backup to reset the passcode on your iPhone.
Reset Passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR with Recovery Mode
If you are yet to sync your iPhone with iTunes you can use Recovery Mode to rest your passcode, however, this will erase the data on the device.
- Connect your iPhone to a computer and launch iTunes.
- Force Restart the iPhone XS, XS Max or the XR.
- Upon restarting, the recovery mode screen comes up.
- You will be presented with two options on your phone’s screen – Restore or Update, tap on Restore.
- iTunes will download and install a new IOS software on your iPhone. Note – if this process takes more than 15 mins, your iPhone will exit recovery mode and you need to repeat the steps above again.
- After the process is completed, your passcode will reset and you can set up the device.
Reset Passcode on iPhone XS Max, XS and XR using iCloud
Last but not the least is using Apple’s iCloud.
- Visit iCloud Find with any internet enabled device. You may not be able to access if you do not have the Safari browser.
- Sign in to your Apple account with your ID and Password. This should be the same account logged in on your locked iPhone.
- At the top of the screen, go to “All Devices” and select your iPhone.
- Click on Erase.
- Wait for the process to complete. You will be presented with two options afterwards – Setup as new or Restore from backup. Choose applicable one.
There you go. Follow any of the methods above to reset passcode on iPhone XS, XS Max or the iPhone XR.