Apple recently announced its latest flagship phones; iPhone XS, XS Max, which is going to take over the reins from last year’s iPhone X flagship. These new iPhones have been dominating the airwaves, since their release on last Wednesday, 12th September 2018. In this article, we will be showing how to take screenshot on iPhone Xs Max, Xs as well as the iPhone XR.
Taking screenshots, to many, could be a very simple operation. However, a lot of people do not have the slightest idea what this ‘simple’ process entails. Stay close as we reveal this secret to you.
The iPhone XS and XS Max have been described by Apple as the most advanced set of phones it has developed so far. The iPhone XS and XS Max serve as upgrades to the iPhone X. The newly launched iPhones host features such as the A12 Bionic chipset, which is an upgrade to the A11 hosted on the iPhone X. The screen sizes of the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR are 5.8″, 6.5″ and 6.1″ respectively.
How to Take Screenshot on iPhone Xs Max, Xs and Xr
Taking screenshots is not a big deal right? Well, you are right, it isn’t. However, Apple has made little changes to some of its features and one of such processes that have been altered is “how to take screenshots. Taking screenshots on the new iPhones, starting with iPhone X, come with a little trick.
To take a ‘shot’ of any screen ‘display’ on your iPhone X, XS, XS Max or XR, simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Swipe or navigate to the page or screen display you want to screenshot.
- Press and hold down the ‘Power button’, located at the top right hand of your iPhone.
- While still holding down the “Power button”, click and hold the “volume-increase” button, which is on the left-hand side of your device.
- This will automatically take your screenshot. The action is accompanied by a ‘click’ sound and a ‘screen flash’.
- Your screenshot is automatically saved under “Gallery” on your iPhone X, XS, XS Max or XR.
- The screenshot will remain on your screen display for a few seconds before it eventual vanishes (you can also dismiss it once the screenshot has been taken and saved).
You might want to edit the screenshot you have just taken. To do this, all you need to do is to open the image, under the gallery section and access the editing tool there. With this, you can ‘increase or decrease the brightness, crop or magnify” the screenshot.
Another method you can use to take screenshot on iPhone XS Max, Xs, X and XR is by using the “Assistive Touch”.
The Assistive Touch Method
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ on your iPhone and select “General”.
- On the displayed options, tap on “Accessibility”.
- Turn on the “Accessibility” option. This will create a floating button which can be moved anywhere on your screen.
- On the screen, you want to screenshot, tap on the floating button (Assistive touch shortcut).
- Click on “Device” and select “More”.
- This will bring up the “Screenshot” option. Click on it.
- Your screenshot will be taken and subsequently saved.
There you go guys, you can start taking screenshots of your favourite web pages, games and movie scenes, and many more.