Today, the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment portal has started receiving applications. The Comptroller General of Customs, Col Hammed Ali made this revelation at a press event held yesterday at the NCS headquarters in Abuja.
He also said that the exercise had the support of the Federal Executive Council while following the requirements laid out by the Federal Character Commission.
“Like all recruitment into position in Federal Government agencies, applications for recruitment will be open to all eligible Nigerians who meet the requirements irrespective of their tribe, religion, state or any other considerations,” he added.
He also pointed out that 800 slots were available for the Support Staff for Superintendent category.
Furthermore, there will be 2400 vacancies available for Custom Inspector and Custom Assailant Cadre under the General Duty Department.
- 1 Featured Vacancies for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
- 2 Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Portal
- 3 How to Apply For Roles in Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
- 4 Is the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Free?
Featured Vacancies for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
The application is opened for three positions which are:
- Superintendent Cadre
Consists of top-ranking custom officers including the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Customs.
- Inspectorate Cadre
Consists of mid-tier officers including the position of Assistant Inspectors of Customs.
- Assistant Cadre
Consists of junior ranking officers such as Custom Assistant.
Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Portal
According to the head of the customs service, the portal will be active as from today to offer jobs to 32,0000 persons.
Eligibility for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
These are the requirements for the Custom Recruitment Exercise and 2019
- Candidates must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
- Candidates must have completed secondary school (O level) or higher education depending on the position applied for.
- Candidates must be within the ages of 18-35 years.
- Ex-convicts are exempted from the exercise.
- Male candidates should not be less than 1.7m tall while females should be 1.64m.
- Male candidates should have chests measuring at least 0.87 meters.
- Must be certified as physically and mentally fit for service by a Government Medical Officer.
- Must not have any physical or mental disabilities.
- Free from cases of debts or other financial problems.
- Be of ethical conduct and free of any criminal offense.
- Candidates should have a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. If approved by a Liaison officer the document will be considered as null and void.
Academic Requirements for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
Here are the qualifications needed to successfully apply for vacancies available for the Nigerian Service Recruitment 2019.
- Candidates must possess the following: SSCE or NCE or ND, or degree from a higher institution.
- Have the necessary documents for the level you wish to apply for. (E.g. Don’t use Bachelor’s degree when applying for the rank of Inspector).
- Submit only one application. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
Deadline for Application into Nigeria Customs Service
The deadline for the Nigerian Customs Service Recruitment portal is three weeks from now.
How to Apply For Roles in Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019
To begin your application, visit the recruitment portal by typing www.vacancy.customss.gov.ng in your address bar.
Ensure you have the following details available before you fill the application form:
1. A current email address and phone number
2. Essential documents with matching dates of life events including birth.
Ensure you avoid errors when filling the online form because once submitted; corrections cannot be made. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Is the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment Free?
According to reports from Concise News, the process is free. This means you do not have to pay any application fees before filling the forms. Also, the use of fake credentials is prohibited by the service with prosecution as a possible punishment.
- Nigerian Idol Registration 2019 | How to Apply and Audition Details
- How to Apply for Nigeria Police Force Recruitment