WhatsApp yesterday finally announced the long expected ‘Live Location’ feature and we shall be discussing how to share live location on WhatsApp in this article. Live Location is an end-to-end encrypted feature that lets users control who to share their location with in real-time and how long they want it to be shared.
Contrary to rumours that made rounds during the testing phase, the Live Location feature on WhatsApp does not mean a user’s contacts will be able to see the particular location of another user, the Live Location feature can only be turned on by a user and shared with anyone he/she wants in real time at a particular time.
WhatsApp currently has over 1 billion daily active users and the Live Location feature is a secure way of letting friends and family or loved ones know wherever a particular user is.
How to Share Live Location on WhatsApp in Real Time
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest version. Click here for Android and here for IOS.
- Open a chat on your WhatsApp with the person or group you want to your location with.
- Under ‘Location’ in the attach button, you will see a new option to ‘Share Live Location’
- Choose the time duration and tap on Send.
- The person or group chat will now be able to see your location on a map in real-time as shown in the image above.
That is how to share Live Location in real time on Android and IOS. Update is steadily rolling out and you have to exercise patience if you have not seen the latest update yet.
- How to Save WhatsApp Status Video and Pictures on iPhone and Android
- You Can Now Finally Pin Chats on WhatsApp!
- 7 Cool WhatsApp Tricks You Should Really Try Out