Ever since WhatsApp introduced Snapchat-like status updates back in February, people have been looking for ways on how to save WhatsApp status video and pictures. The Status-update feature was greeted with mixed feelings at first as expected but a lot of people seem to have embraced the development.
Every day, millions of people update WhatsApp status with pictures and interesting video contents; one can’t help but laugh at some of these hilarious updates. Ever since, the thirst for knowledge to save WhatsApp status videos and pictures have increased, few have found a way around this but most people still have to ask their contacts who uploaded these Statuses to send to them. What if you could actually save these videos and pictures yourself?
DON’T MISS: How to Save Snapchat Stories Pictures and Videos
How to Save WhatsApp Status Video and Pictures on iPhone/Android
Method 1 – Android
WhatsApp stores all status videos and pictures you’ve viewed on your phone in a particular which you cannot find. After a while these photos and videos disappear from the folder and you have to act fast after viewing them to actually save them permanently on your device. To know how to save WhatsApp status video and pictures, follow the steps outlined below:
- Download ES File Manager here for Android and install on your devices.
- Open the File Manager, tap on the menu icon as shown below to bring out the File Manager options. Scroll down and toggle the Show hidden files button to the right.
- The hidden folders and files can now be seen. WhatsApp stores your viewed Status Videos and Pictures in one of these folders.
- Enter your phone’s memory from the File Manager and locate a folder named WhatsApp. Navigate to Media and tap on the .Statuses
- The .Statuses folder contains the recent Statuses you’ve viewed as shown below.
- Since the folder is hidden naturally, you need to move the status videos and pictures you want to save permanently on your phone to a folder that is not hidden, i.e. picture or videos folder.
Method 2 – Android
- You need to view status from your contact first to use the app.
- Open the Status Saver app and tap on the status (video or picture) you want to save.
- Tap on the “+” button.
- Tap on the Download icon (arrow facing down) to download. You can also share with friends using the Share button (first icon)
Status Saver will not save your personal information or share your data with anyone.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos and Pictures on iPhone
Method 1 – iOS
To do this you must have a BuildStore subscription, we shall discuss further.
- Uninstall the Original WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Register your iPhone on BuildStore.
- Open your Safari browser and click here to install WhatsApp ++.
- Open WhatsApp++ and register with a valid phone number.
- Go to WhatsApp stories section.
- Tap on the button in the top right corner to download, select where to save afterwards.
Method 2 – iOS
WhatsApp Pocket is a data recovery software which has the feature to let you save WhatsApp status videos and images. It works as a desktop app and is available for download on Windows and Mac.
- Download WhatsApp Pocket and Install on your MacBook.
- Run the app and connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- On WhatsApp Pocket, select your device and start scan. Wait till scan is finished.
- WhatsApp chats will be displayed, including files such as images, videos from your contacts Status updates.
- Click and Preview on the WhatsApp chats, status you want.
- Click on “Export Attachement” button and choose where to save.
That is how to save WhatsApp Status videos and pictures on iPhone and Android.