You probably live under the rock or in a cave if you’ve never heard about WhatsApp. When a blue tick appears on your WhatsApp chat with a contact it means the recipient has read the message. This tutorial will guide you on how to read WhatsApp messages without blue ticks; this way you read messages secretly without your contact knowing you’ve done so.
There was a lot of outcries when WhatsApp introduced the feature that lets senders know their messages have been read last year, people feared they were no longer ‘safe’ again and a part of their privacy has been breached. There are several ways to pass around this and we shall be putting you through.
How to Read WhatsApp Messages without Blue Ticks
Turn Off Read Receipts
This is the obvious solution that comes to a lot of people’s minds but it has its own downsides. When you turn off read receipts the blue tick goes off and people will not know you’ve seen or read their messages, but you also will not be able to see if others have seen/read your messages or not.
- Go to “Settings” on your WhatsApp.
- Tap on the first option which is “Account”.
- Tap on “Privacy”.
- Go down to the last option “Read receipts” and untick the small box in front of it.
The Good Old Airplane Mode
To secretly read that WhatsApp message without letting the recipient know, activate Airplane mode or flight mode before opening the message. Doing that will make your WhatsApp go offline while you go ahead and read the message. Make sure to close or remove WhatsApp from the list of minimized apps on your Android device, then turn off Airplane mode of Flight mode as it appears on your device.
Swipe Down from the Notification Bar
If your WhatsApp is not opened on your phone, all messages sent to your or notifications appear in your notification panel at the top of your screen. A simple glance and you see your notifications including WhatsApp messages, you can even see more if you pull down the Notification Bar.
WhatsApp Pop-Up Notifications
This is normally on by default on Android phones but in case your settings have been tampered with then there is a way out.
- Go to “Settings” on WhatsApp.
- Tap on “Notifications”, then “Popup notification”, tap to bring out options.
- Choose the one you want as shown in the image below.
This is another trick that works.
- 7 Cool WhatsApp Tricks You Should Really Try Out
- How to hide WhatsApp Status from some Contacts
- How to Save WhatsApp Status Video and Pictures on iPhone and Android
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls and Chat Conversations
- You Can Now Share Your Live Location on WhatsApp with Friends and Family
We hope all the above guides have shown you how to read WhatsApp messages without blue ticks. Let us know in the comments section if you have problems.