Those who use an iPhone or an iPad will be familiar with Apple’s iMessage, unlike Android owners. iMessage is Apple’s default message sharing app and it is a very robust platform which features a large collection of emojis, GIF and has end-to-end encryption. Not only that it is also used for peer to peer money transfer.
While there is WhatsApp web available for Windows PC users and everyone, only those with a Mac or iOS devices can access iMessage. This brings the question; how do you use iMessage on PC? As we’ve explained, this is normally not possible but there is a way around it.
How to Use iMessage on PC
Apple does not allow third-party apps to connect to its iMessage and there is no web version of it either. The way around is by running Chrome Remote Desktop on both a Windows PC and a Mac. This seems like a lot to do but if you still want to know how to use iMessage on PC, you can follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have Google Chrome browser installed on your Windows. PC and Mac computer.
- Now you have to download the extension Chrome Remote Desktop on both computers.
- After you’ve completed the installation of this extension in your Chrome browser, click on “LAUNCH APP”.
- Go to your Mac and download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer. Run the installation on your Mac.
- With Chrome Remote Desktop, you can connect both your Windows PC and your Mac computer together. The extension will show you a code with which you have to use to connect both computers. When this is done, you will now be able to access the apps and files you have on the Mac or the Windows PC.
This way, you will be able to use iMessage on PC.
Now, you will agree this is a long and complicated process. If you really want to enjoy Apple services, the way to do this be getting an Apple device.
- Safari for Windows: Enjoy Apple’s Browser on Your Windows PC
- How to Add Links in Instagram Posts and Stories
- SoundCloud to MP3 Converter for Computer, Android and iPhone