Have you been looking for how to connect your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+ or the S20 Ultra to TV? In this post, we will guide you on the best ways to carry this out.
The new Galaxy devices offer 5G support and comes with upgraded cameras. Samsung has also introduced a new feature called Single Take. Single Take button is inside the camera app and when it’s tapped, your Samsung Galaxy S20 will start shooting photos for 10 seconds after which the software will automatically select the best pictures and videos with various effects. Effects vary from a black and white filter or portrait mode with that juicy blurred-out background.
In case you missed it, check out what the new Samsung Galaxy S20 series has to offer. Without further ado, let’s show you how to connect the Samsung Galaxy S20 series to TV.
How to Connect Samsung Galaxy S20 Series to TV
There is more than one way to do, let’s cover all the ways you can connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to TV.
Connect Galaxy S20 to TV Using HDMI Adaptor
This process is simple without any stress, it is as simple as connecting a charger to your Samsung device. You can use the official Samsung HDMI adapter or the multipurpose AllShareHub.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cord to the HDMI port that comes with your TV.
- Connect the HDMI adaptor to the USB port of your Galaxy S20.
- Tune your TV to the connected HDMI port channel.
Connect Galaxy S20 to TV Using Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is always reliable and is one of the easiest ways to connect your Samsung Galaxy S20 to TV. Not only is Chromecast a cheap streaming service, it is also widely supported by most Android devices. With Chromecast, you can watch Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and many more.
Chromecast is very easy to connect and it lets you cast your Samsung screen to TV, see how to setup here.
Connect Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra to TV Using Wi-Fi Direct
Most recent Samsung devices have in-built features that let you cast your screen to a TV using the Wi-Fi. This is possible thanks to Wi-Fi Direct and the technology has to be enabled on the Samsung Galaxy S20 and your TV.
Using this method varies with different TV brands, but the process is not too far from each other. On older Samsung TVs, tap on the Source button on the remote and select Screen Mirroring.
On newer Samsung TV models, go to Menu > Network> Screen Mirroring.
- On your Galaxy S20, swipe down from the top of the screen to open quick settings.
- Tap either Smart View, Quick Connect or Screen Mirroring. Your Samsung phone will start scanning for nearby TVs. The TVs enabled for screen mirroring will come up.
- Tap on the TV to connect. Some may require your phone’s PIN code to connect.
Directly Screencast Using Netflix or YouTube
If your smart TV is on, when using some apps like YouTube or Netflix on your device, you will be prompted to screencast it. This is another smooth way to connect Samsung Galaxy S20 to TV.
- Connect your phone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- If you have Netflix or YouTube or other supporting apps installed on your phone, sign into your account and so the same on the smart TV.
- Open whatever you want to watch and tap on the cast icon.
The Galaxy S20 lineup comes with big AMOLED panels already but it would still be nice to connect to a larger screen. We hope you can now connect your Galaxy S20, S20+ or the S20 Ultra to TV.