Taiwanese chipset maker, MediaTek has announced its latest chipset, the Helio P95. The chipset is targeted at midrange devices, it comes with improved AI but shares the same CPU, GPU and a host of specifications with the Helio P90.
MediaTek rates the Helio P95 10% higher than that of the Helio P90 when tested for ETHZ benchmark in terms of AI performance. The chipset also comes at a good time when smartphone makers are making mid-range devices with 64MP sensors.
MediaTek Helio P95 Specifications
- Process – TSMC 12nm FinFET
- CPU – 2x Cortex-A75 at 2.2GHz and 6x Cortex-A55 at 2GHz
- GPU – IMG PowerVR GM 9446 at 970 MHz
- Photo – 24+16MP/48MP at 30fps
- Display – 2520 x 1080 (Full HD+) at 21:9
- Modem – Cat 12 DL/Cat 13 UL, 4X4 MIMO, 3CA, 256QAM
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0
Improved AI features include 5-person human posing tracking, full-body avatar AR, 3D pose tracking with multiple object and scene optimization and recognition. All these are supported but it is still dependent on the smartphone manufacturer wanting to implement all.
It is not clear yet when smartphones will start making use of the chipset, but the Helio P95 should be on smartphones soon in no time.