Ever since it came around 5 years ago the Chromecast is one of the most reliable devices which gives video streaming content to your TV such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu and lots more. You need to setup Chromecast if you are a first time user and we shall be giving you the Android guide.
Requirements to Set up Chromecast
- Your Chromecast device
- Google Home app
- Google account
- Google app latest version
- Smart TV with HDMI input
- Android device which supports a 5GHz connection. WPA2 network is not supported
- Access to secure and reliable internet connection
How to Set Up Chromecast
- Plug in Chromecast device to your TV HDMI port.
- Install the Google Home app on your Android device. Note: Chromecast supports Android devices running on Android 4.4.2 and above. Chromecast has also tested to work best on these devices.
- Connect your Android device to the same network connection which the Chromecast will be connected to.
- Open the downloaded Google Home app on your Android device.
- Tap on Get Started or find the device card > Set up.
- Confirm your Google Account when prompted to.
- Allow location access for Google Home app, simply turn on location feature on your Android device and allow when prompted to.
- The Google Home app scans for nearby Chromecast devices, tap on yours and then Next.
- If you still can’t see your device, tap on Don’t see your device. The Google Home app scans again.
- Setup your Region and Room in which you are. Tap Next
- Connect your Chromecast as shown on the TV to same WIFI or internet connection the Android device is connected to.
- The Chromecast is connected to your Google Account to give you a personalized experience.
That’s how to set up Chromecast, you can start enjoying streaming video directly to your TV.