If you use Find My iPhone, it has an Activation Lock for protecting an Apple Watch or iPhone from unauthorized access. So, if you purchased a second-hand device with this feature, you will have to find ways to bypass iCloud activation lock on devices with iOS 13 and 12.
With this guide, you can unlock such devices and even older iPhones/iPads. But first, let’s check out the products that support Activation Lock.
Apple Devices that Support Activation Lock
Apple introduced the Activation Lock to its iOS 7 devices especially after rising cases of theft. You can also find the option on iPads and iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6/6Plus. Models such as iPhone 6s/6s Plus, SE, 7/7Plus, 8/8 Plus and X even has this feature.
Can Jailbreaking Help Bypass iCloud Lock on an iPhone?
Jailbreaking might allow you to change some functions on your iOS device. However, it cannot remove the iCloud lock on any Apple product. Moreover, it could make your Apple warranty void.
How Can I Use an iPhone with Activation Lock?
If you find an Apple product with an activated iCloud Lock feature, you can use this phone with the following methods.
- Bypass the Activation Lock Function: With this method, you can access the stored personal information of the smartphone’s owner. This comes as a handy feature as you can use the details to return missing phones to their owners.
- Take out the iCloud Lock: Have you bought a second-hand iPhone with an activated iCloud lock? If yes, then you might have to wipe out the Activation Lock on the device. Unlike the other option, this method requires extra cash and time.
Websites that can Bypass iCloud Activation on iOS Devices
To perform this task, you will have to use online sources. OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk comes as one of the popular sites for unlocking iPhones. But I advise that you confirm the authenticity of this site before using it due to some unfavourable reviews.
Other sites for removing the Activation Lock on iPhones include AppleiPhoneUnlock and DoctorUnlock.net. I also recommend that you check out the reviews of their services particularly before using them.
Remove Activation Lock on iOS Devices with AppleiPhoneUnlock
If you want to use this service, you will have to make a payment of $27 and wait for a maximum of 3 days for unlocking the iOS devices. After making the payment, use the following steps.
- Log on AppleiPhoneUnlock.uk and select “iCloud Unlock” on the Sidebar Menu.
- Type in the model and IMEI number of the l iPad/iPhone. To get the IMEI number of the smartphone, dial *#06#. If you cannot use the dialler, tap the “i” symbol on your screen or check the number at the back of the phone.
- Make the online payment, then wait for a maximum of 3 days to open the iCloud account. If you want more details about this service, you can check out the website.
How to Remove Activation Unlock on iOS Devices with DoctorUnlock.net
This platform comes as one of the popular tools for opening activation locks. To use this service, you will have to pay $50 and wait for a maximum of 3 days. Read the following steps to learn how to use this platform.
- Visit DoctorUnlock.net and choose the model of the iPhone you want to unlock. Then, input the phone’s IMEI number and click Unlock. You can get the IMEI number by dialling *#06# or tapping the “i” button on the lock screen. If any of these methods to not work, look for the number at the back of the phone.
- Make the payment and provide a working email address. During the unlocking process, the website will send updates to this address. After typing your card details, click on the “Buy Now” option and wait for 3 days.
How to Bypass iCloud Activation on iOS Device without Online Tool
Are you looking for another way to bypass iCloud feature on your phone? You can use the following steps; however, they might not work as well as online tools.
- Reboot the iPhone and choose your preferred country and language.
- Select the “i” button on the “Choose a Wi-Fi Network” screen.
- Move to the “DNS” button and scroll and enter the following details.
- USA/North America:154.51.7
- Other Countries:109.17.60
- Select the Back option and choose your preferred Wi-Fi network, enter the password and select “Join.”
- Tap the Back button to take you back to the Wi-Fi page. As soon as an iPhone starts to display a new screen, tap the back button.
- At this stage, you can view “iCloudDNSBypass.net” on the screen, move to the menu and choose the app (Facetime) that might provide the required details (e.g. email address of the previous owner).
You can also check out the YouTube guide below courtesy Unlock Apple Any iOS
How to Detect an iPhone that has Activation Lock
It’s possible to purchase a locked iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch unknowingly which could frustrate the buyer. To avoid this problem, try to confirm if the seller has erased the device with the following steps especially before buying it.
Switch on the device and watch the screen. If you notice a password lock screen, this means its locked. At this point, tell the seller to open the device and head to Settings → General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings to unlock the phone.
Has the phone requested for an Apple ID and password? Ask the previous owner to unlink the account at iCloud.com. But if you turn on the phone (for the first time) and notice a “Set Up Your iPhone/iPad” prompt, then the device does not have an active “Activation Lock”.
- How to Activate Siri on iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
- How to View Saved WiFi Passwords on Android and iOS Devices
How to Check if You Purchased a Stolen iPhone or iPad
Log on to stolenphonechecker.org and type in the IMEI number of the IOS device. By using the tool, it will confirm if the device is not stolen.
Tips to Consider Before Selling or Donating an iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch
If you want to sell or give out an iPhone/iPad, do not rush to manually delete all your personal information. Instead, perform the following steps.
Unpair your Apple watch from the device.
Backup the device by using the iTunes app on your computer. Start by opening the app, choose your phone and tap Back Up.
Log out of the App and iTunes store. If you use a device with iOS 10.2 or earlier, hit Settings → iCloud → Sign Out. Hit the Sign Out button again then Delete From My device before inputting your Apple ID password.
For iOS 10.3 or later, hit Settings → Sign Out. Input your Apple ID password and select Turn Off.
Remove all contents and settings on the device with General → Reset → Erase All Content and Settings. If you have activated Find My Phone on the device, input the password and tap Erase.
How Can I Remember My Apple ID or Password?
If you have forgotten your Apple ID, you can reset it from the Apple ID account page or your device. To avoid losing your password, use a password manager app.
You can use this guide to bypass iCloud and unlock any iOS device however when using online tools including the ones mentioned in this article, check out the reviews before use. Remember to also confirm the status of the phone before purchase.
If you love this article, feel free to share with your friends on social media and drop your comments in the space below.