TECNO POP 3 Plus is the latest device from the Chinese smartphone maker’s POP series. This budget device comes with a 6.52” dot notch screen and supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Let’s take a look at what the device has to offer.
TECNO POP 3 Plus Key Specifications
- 6.52-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1600 Pixels
- Android 9 with HiOS.
- Mediatek MT6580, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- 16GB built-in storage, 1GB RAM
- 8MP rear camera and 8MP selfie camera.
- Fingerprint sensor and Face ID
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
Design and Display
TECNO POP 3 Plus is available in 3 colours – Hillier Purple, Vacation Blue and Midnight Black. It has a stylish gradient design and thin bezels. It measures 8.4mm in thickness and features a 6.52” HD 720 x 1600 resolution screen with a dot notch which houses the selfie camera.
At the back is its fingerprint sensor and also the rear camera which comes with dual-LED flash.
Hardware and Software
Being a budget device, TECNO POP 3 Plus has a 1GB RAM and a 16GB internal memory which is expandable up to128GB via the SD card slot. It runs on Android 9.0. Pie based on TECNO’s custom HiOS version and is powered by a MediaTek 2.0GHz quad-core processor.
TECNO POP 3 Plus Camera
The device has an 8MP AI front-facing camera with Flash which is capable of taking clear and bright selfies. The camera supports portrait mode or bokeh effect as it is also referred to on TECNO devices. This allows you to take selfie shots where the background is blurred out and you are the focus. It also has AI beauty mode which does the work of enhancing images taken.
At the back is also an 8MP camera but it comes with a dual-LED Flashlight.
Connectivity and Battery
On the connectivity side, it has support for 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth and Face Unlock 2.0. The Face ID offers screen fill light in dark environment which means the connectivity will be sharp in low light conditions.
It comes with a non-removable 4,000mAh battery capacity which is decent enough to carry you through the day.
TECNO POP 3 Plus Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 166.7 x 75.8 x 84 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.52-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 720 x 1600 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie, HiOS 5.5
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6580, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
- Primary: 8MP – LED flash
- Secondary: 58MP – Dual LED flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: –
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity:4,000mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: Yes
TECNO POP 3 Plus Price and Availability
Its price has not yet been revealed but it should retail for N32,000 to N36,000.
- TECNO Spark 4 with MediaTek Helio A22 and Triple Camera Announced
- TECNO Spark Power Launched with 6,000mAh Battery and Triple Rear Camera
- TECNO Camon 12 Air Complete Specifications and Price