The newly launched Xiaomi sub-brand; Pocophone F1 is one of latest smartphone brands, with high-end specs and hardware features that could stand toe-to-toe with any of the notable 2018 high-end brands like the OnePlus 6, Honor 10 and Asus Zenfone 5Z among others. The new Pocophone F1 was launched about two weeks ago in India and about a week later, it was launched in several countries across Europe. In this article, we are going to be outlining the features, specifications and price of the Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
Features, Specs and Price of Pocophone F1
Pocophone F1, just like a majority of Xiaomi branded smartphones, is an Android device, which is powered by MIUI 9.6 and operates on the most recent version of Android: Android 8.1.
The Pocophone F1 has 3 basic models, as well as an “armoured version” (making 4 in total), which is basically a division based on the memory – storage capacities and of course, the difference in the prices of these models;
- The first and lowest model has a storage capacity of 6GB+64GB (6GB RAM and 64GB storage). The price of this model is pegged at around $300.
- The Second-classed model has a storage capacity of 6GB+128GB (6GB RAM and 128 storage). The price of this Pocophone F1 model has a benchmark of $343.
- The ‘top-end’ model has a storage capacity of 8GB+256 (8GB RAM and 256 Storage). The top-end model has a basic price of $415.
- Lastly, we have the Pocophone F1 Armoured Edition (Kevlar model) with a storage capacity the same as the top end version (8GB+256GB). This version, which is the most advanced and most expensive of the Pocophone F1 models, sells at a basic price of $429.
The Pocophone F1 operates on the “Snapdragon 845” mobile processor, which is the fastest mobile processor available (only second to the yet to be launched Kirin 980). The Snapdragon chip is equipped with “LiquidCool technology (Vapor/Liquid cooling). So you get the fastest and most advanced mobile processor available, by getting the new Xiaomi Pocophone F1.
Other core specs of the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 include the following:
- 4000mAh battery with Quick charge 3.0 (with a 9V/2A charger).
- Expandable Storage (6GB/64GB, 8GB/128 and 8GB/256GB).
- Full HD+ 5.99″ LCD IPS Display.
- Screen resolution of 1080 x 2246.
- 12MP+5MP rear camera and a 20MP front (selfie) camera.
In terms of the Pocophone F1 camera, the device is not exactly in the league of other top end brands. With its 12Megapixel/5Megapixel rear setup, the Pocophone F1 doesn’t quite match up with other top flagship Android brands. However, camera features such as dual-pixel autofocus, Artificial Intelligence (AI) controlled scene recognition and multi-frame noise reduction for rear camera shooters are featured on the latest Pocophone F1.
Given the speed/power (of the Snapdragon 845 processor) and the battery strength (4000mAh), the Pocophone F1 has a significant operating capacity. Pocophone (the sub-brand of Xiaomi), claims the Pocophone F1 dissipates heat 3x faster than rival flagship phones. This, as claimed by Pocophone, is a function of the LiquidCool tech feature, incorporated in the Pocophone F1. This means you don’t have to worry about overheating, occasioned by heavy usage. Hence, the sub-brand claimed that you can get up to 8 hours of gameplay, or watch up to 344 minutes (5 hours and 44minutes) of full high definition (HD) movie.
Other notable features of the Pocophone F1 smartphone include:
- USB Type-C connectivity.
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
- IR (Infrared based) face unlock feature (as an update).
- Hybrid-SIM support.
- 3.5mm headphone jack.
Xiaomi has promised to launch the Android pie version (as an update) on the Pocophone F1 later this year. In addition, Pocophone F1 is available in three colour variants; Steel Blue, Graphite Black, Rosso Red) and a special Armoured version, with a kevlar back.
So, if you are looking for a latest, top quality smartphone, at a relatively affordable price, Pocophone F1 is, perhaps, the best option. It is not every day you get to see a smartphone, running on Snapdragon 845, that sells for below $500.