Traditional office jobs, as more rampant as they are, are no longer the only way to earn a living in the modern century. From the gig economy to remote jobs, the way we earn a buck has been redefined and with the prevalence of social media and its influence on the populace, being popular on any social media platform carries its own potential as a money-making venture.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms with over 1 billion users. That’s a lot of people you can influence. So naturally, brands and organizations would want to take advantage of this to push their products and services and they need regular folk to push these products because people are a lot more receptive to advise and recommendations from people they relate with.
Who Is an Instagram Model?
Enter Instagram Models. A person who has grown popular on Instagram and thus becomes a point of interest for brands to use to sell their products. For some, Instagram models are normally sexy ladies on Bikinis posting “thirst traps” in order to attract more followers, men and perhaps work with brands.
It can be a very lucrative work that can earn models up to $5000 per post. Not too shabby, eh?
How to Become an Instagram Model
If you are looking to take advantage of the influencer market on one of the world’s biggest social media platform, here are a few steps to achieving that.
- Identify your brand and niche. There are different companies that offer services in different sectors of the economy. So identify the sector you wish to attract and curate your contents accordingly.
- Popularity on social media is all about your exposure and engagement levels. By using popular hashtags, expose your account and your content to those who are interested in that hashtag. Comment on trending hashtags and topics that shit into your focus.
- Boost your engagement numbers by asking questions and generally posting things that would incite a reaction from your followers. Always respond to comments. Doing so tells other potential followers that you are not a snob and their interactions with your page will be reciprocated. This helps you build a loyal base of followers.
- Keep track of the quality of your content. Instagram is a photo-sharing site. So it is important that whatever sector you would like to be an influencer for, your contents are top-notch, high-quality pictures.
- Perhaps you already had an active Instagram account before you decided to become a model. Clean up your page and make it professional. Brands want to associate with accounts they would be proud to identify with. Delete unimpressive pictures or archive using Instagram archive tool.
- As you grow your account, it is important to remember you are only attractive to brands as long as they know their target audience find you relatable. Keep your posts relatable so as not to alienate other users.
- Having done all of this, it is now time to show yourself to these brands. Tag your brands of interests in your posts, especially when those who offer the product or service that reflect in your post.
- Always interact with your followers. Never stop letting them know you are a real human being. Use Stories and videos to show the real-life aspects of your life.
- Control the flow of your content. You don’t want to spam your followers and you don’t want to be lost in their Instagram consciousness either. Find the balance that keeps you in their mind but never makes you a nuisance.
If you are looking to become an Instagram model, it takes time and you will need some patience but as said earlier, the reward at the end is worth it. Keep working and good luck.