In this post, we look at the new Xiaomi Mi A3 price, it’s specifications and review. Many phone manufacturers see Google’s stock Android UI as the ideal option for their devices. With this mind, Xiaomi has launched a series of stock Android phones which has features that provides them with timely updates. Overall this interface allows ease of use while one of such devices with this option is the Xiaomi Mi A3.
At first glance, the Mi A3 reminds of recent devices from the Chinese smartphone maker. For instance, it features similar materials and design while sporting various colours.
However, analysts feel this device stands as a better option to the older Mi A2. Let’s dig into the features of this A3 and see what it has in store for consumers.
- 6.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1560pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie with Android One, 4GB/6GB of RAM
- Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665, 2.0GHz,
- 16/128GB built-in storage
- 8MP rear camera with dual flash and 5MP selfie camera with flash
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP and 32MP selfie camera
- 4030mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Mi A3 Design and Display
Like most smartphones today, the Mi A3 features the traditional screen cutout. But this time, the notch is placed on a Super AMOLED screen that delivers 720 × 1560 pixels. Protection for this screen is offered by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which also covers the back panel.
As expected, slim bezels surround this new device while it maintains an aluminium frame that promises durability.
Holding the phone or placing it in your pocket should be relatively easy as it has a thickness of 8.5mm while weighing 173.8g. You can also enjoy the presence of power and volume buttons with an audio jack at the edge of the frame.
One of the standout features of this device is its fingerprint scanner that lies under its AMOLED screen. Immediately, it recognizes the print, it unlocks instantly. Finally, the rear panel offers an interesting camera setup
The device is available in colour options that will intrigue any consumer. Such options include Kind of Gray, Not just Blue, and More than White.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Camera
The Xiaomi MI A3 comes with a triple camera setup that includes a 48MP sensor, 8MP ultra-wide lens, and a 2MP sensor. If you love taking shots in the dark, you might consider this device as it promises a night mode for low light locations. You will also have access to LED flash, HDR and Panorama.
The teardrop notch houses a 32MP sensor for clear and crisp selfies. You can also take pictures with blurred backgrounds with this camera.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Hardware and Software
We expect the Xiaomi Mi A3 to allow seamless gaming as it has a Snapdragon 665 chipset. Furthermore, this feature stands as a slight upgrade over the Mi A2’s Snapdragon 660 mobile processor. It also has an Adreno 610 GPU that promises less power consumption.
In terms of storage, the smartphone is available in various options. These choices include either a 64GB and 128GB ROM each with 4GB RAM. However, there is a model for Indian markets that has 128GB ROM with a 6GB RAM. All models support expandable memory of up to 256GB via its hybrid sim slot.
As mentioned earlier, the Mi A3 is one of the devices on the Android One program and it runs on Android 9.0 Pie.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Battery and Connectivity
This smartphone comes with a 4030mah battery that is embedded with this device. According to Xiaomi’s website, this powerhouse offers 20 days of standby time, 30 hours of call time and 13 hours of gaming on a single charge. It also supports Quick charge 3.0.
Connectivity options on this device are basic. For instance, it supports most WiFi standards, Bluetooth 5.0 and MicroUSB 2.0. But it takes it a step further by boasting of an infrared port which is a rarity these days.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Price and Availability
The device is sold in stores in various countries including Nigeria. Xiaomi Mi A3 price is set at between ₦71,900 – ₦79,900 for the variants. Also, consumers in the UK and US will have to spend at least £219 or $199.
Xiaomi Mi A3 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 153.5 x 71.9 x 8.5 mm
- Material: Aluminum, Glass
- Weight: 173.8g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED touchscreen
- Size: 6.1-inch
- Screen Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and Performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie; Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665, 2.0GHz,
- RAM: 4/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: Yes, 64/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, expandable to 256GB (hybrid slot)
- Primary: 48MP + 8MP + 2MP triple camera
- Secondary: 32MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 2G: Yes
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- USB: Yes, 2.0, MicroUSB, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes ( Under display, Optical)
- NFC: No
- Infrared: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (under display), gravity, compass, light, and proximity.
- Capacity: 4030mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: N/A
Price and Availability
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Price: ₦71,900 – ₦79,900
- Availability: Available in various phone retailers.