The Galaxy A50 was one of the new smartphones unveiled by Samsung at Mobile World Mobile Congress (MWC), which was held in Barcelona, Spain, late February. The device was launched alongside Samsung Galaxy A10, A30, and other nifty products. It is coming with a number of decent features, such as a 6.4-inch display, an in-display fingerprint sensor, a triple rear camera setup (25MP + 8MP + 5MP), and a 25MP front-facing shooter for taking selfies.
The phone’s processor is a 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 that works with either 4GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM or 6GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM. Its battery capacity is 4,000mAh, and it features 15W fast battery charging.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Key Specifications
Here are some specs of the new smartphone:
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- 1080 x 2340-px resolution
- 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 CPU
- 4GB/6GB of RAM
- 64GB/128GB of internal storage
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 25MP + 8MP + 5MP triple rear cameras
- 25MP selfie camera
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
Samsung Galaxy A50 Display and Design
The A50 sports a large 6.4” 1080p+ AMOLED display that offers a screen resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels, a 403ppi as well as a notch cut out, which is at the top for the phone camera. Underneath this display is a fingerprint sensor, and at the back of the handset is the triple camera — the only feature at the rear. The device is water- and dust-proof since it is IP68-certified.
The phone display is covered with glass, but its body is designed with plastic, reflecting the White, Black, Coral, and Blue color options elegantly. There is a variant that has a single SIM and another one with a Dual SIM. Both models offer a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Camera and Battery
The handset comes with 4 cameras in total: 3 are at the back and 1 at the front in the notch. The first rear camera has a 25MP sensor with an f/1.7 aperture & PDAF; the second one is an ultrawide camera, of 8MP, offering an f/2.2, and the last one is a 5MP depth sensor camera that equally features an f/2.2 aperture. The setup has LED flash and other features such as Panorama and HDR. They can also do 4k and 1080p video recording at 30fps. Up front, there’s a single 25MP selfie snapper with an f/2.0 aperture. It features HDR and can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
The Galaxy A50 is equipped with a 4,000mAh battery that has 15W fast battery charging. But it does not offer wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Hardware and Software
Samsung’s own Exynos 9610 Octa SoC drives the A50. This SoC is an octa-core processor that is clocked at 2.3GHz and works in conjunction with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The configuration is paired with either 4GB of RAM and 32GB of built-in or 6GB of RAM and 128GB. It provides a designated MicroSD card slot to expand the storage up to 512GB if you need additional storage capacity.
As regards software, the phone ships with the latest Android OS, Android 9 (Pie), straight out of the box, coupled with Samsung’s latest One UI.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Network and Connectivity
It offers 4G LTE connectivity, GPS, Bluetooth, dual-band WiFi, WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot, a 3.5mm jack, NFC, and USB Type-C port. But there’s no 5G.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price & Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A50 for the model with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of built-in storage starts from ₦102,800 (around $285) while the variant with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage costs from ₦118,200 (around $328). Both models are available in stores across the country.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Complete Specs
- Dimensions: 158.5 by 74.7 by 7.7 millimeters
- Weight: 166 grams
- Build: front glass/plastic body
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM with dual stand-by)
- Screen Size: 6.4 inches
- Screen Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Multi-touch: Yes
- Aspect ratio: 19:9
- Screen Resolution:, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Pixel Density: 402ppi
Hardware and Software
- Chipset: 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie with One UI
- Primary Lenses: 25MP + 8MP + 5MP
- Camera Features: f/1.7 + f/2.2 + f/2.2; LED Flash, PDAF, Panorama, HDR
- Secondary Camera: 25MP
- Features: f/2.0; HDR
Network & Connectivity
- WLAN: dual-band, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (under-display)
- Audio Jack: Yes
- NFC: Yes (Market dependent)
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Sensors: Light Sensor, Gravity, Proximity
- Capacity: 4,000mAh non-removable
- Battery Type: Li-Po
- OTG Support: Yes
- Fast Charging: Yes, 15W
Price and Availability
- Samsung Galaxy A50 Price (recommended): 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM, ₦102,800 (around $285); 6GB of RAM and 1
- 28GB ROM, ₦118,200 (around $328).