TweakBox is one of the top-rated app installers for iOS mobile devices. It offers users access to applications, games, and other content they won’t find in the official app store. That’s because many of the apps have been modified with extra features, making the stock apps more functional and games more fun to play. Because of this, TweakBox is not supported by Apple, and you won’t find it in the official store, but it is still easy to install on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Download TweakBox
TweakBox doesn’t just offer apps and games; it also contains clean-up tools, games emulators, utilities, and other tweaks. Not so long back, a jailbreak would have been needed to get these, but now that isn’t necessary. Now, we have TweakBox, we don’t need the jailbreak and downloading it is quite simple to do.
Before you start:
Do make sure you back up your data before you start, just in case anything does go wrong. Other than that, all you need is your iPhone or iPad with a decent amount of battery life and a strong internet connection – use Wi-Fi if you can.
- Open Safari browser on your iOS device and go to the TweakBox download page
- Tap the download link and tap on Allow
- Wait; this might take a minute or so
- When you see the ‘Profile Downloaded’ message, tap on Close and go back to your home screen
- You should see the TweakBox icon but, before you use it, open your Settings app
- At the top of the screen, you will see ‘Profile Downloaded’ – tap it
- Tap on Install and, if asked, type your passcode in
- Tap on Install > Done and go back to your home screen
Fix Untrusted Developer Error:
When you tap the TweakBox icon to open it, you will likely see an Untrusted Developer error. Until you trust the app developer, you cannot go any further. In the message is the name of the app developer; note it:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on General and head to Profiles & Device Management
- Tap on the Enterprise section
- Find the name of the developer and tap it
- Tap the Trust button
- Tap Trust again – TweakBox can now be used
Being one of the best app installers to be released yet, TweakBox provides plenty of options for users with more than 2000 apps, games, utilities, and other types of content. When you open the app, you will see four distinct categories:
- App Store Apps – apps from the iOS app store. Some of them are the free apps, others are paid apps
- TweakBox Apps – this is where you find unofficial apps, including games emulators, media streaming apps like Kodi, screen recorders with cool features, and lots of other tweaks designed to boost performance, clean up or otherwise modify your device and its functionality
- Tweaked Apps – here, you can find stock apps that have been tweaked to make them more functional and improve your user experience. Apps such as Instagram++, Snapchat++, Spotify++ and many more can be found here
- Modified Games – these are games that you either cant get in the iOS app store or that you can get but at a price. All the games here are free, and some have been modified, unlocking the in-app features for free, adding unlimited lives/coins/gems, and so on. Here, you can find apps like Minecraft PE for free, GTA, Last Day on Earth, Pokémon Go++ and many more
Obviously, downloading modified apps can void your device warranty, and we do not encourage you to do it nor condone it. Please use TweakBox responsibly; if you find an app you like, purchase it through the official channels.
You should also consider using a VPN on your device; this will keep your identity private and stop your ISP and mobile provider from discovering where you download your apps from. This will also stop the app certificates from being revoked and the apps crashing.
How to Use TweakBox
Using TweakBox couldn’t be simpler:
- Find and tap on the app icon
- Choose one of the app categories
- Have a look through or use the search bar to find what you want
- Tap on your app or game and tap Install on the app page
- Follow any other on-screen directions to get the app installed on your device
As with TweakBox itself, you may be faced with the Untrusted Developer error when you try to use your installed app or game; just follow the steps above to resolve it.
If you can’t get on with TweakBox or, for some reason, it doesn’t work for you, try the alternative. AppEven offers a similar range of apps and games and is just as easy to download and install without a jailbreak.
Originally released as an alternative to Cydia, TweakBox is fast becoming the number one choice of app store for millions of users. Don’t miss out; download it today and see just what it can offer you.