Where iOS users have always had the choice of jailbreaking to get more content and, now, a long list of third-party app installers, Android users have been stuck with just the official app store. Not any more. ACMarket is the number one unofficial alternative to the Play Store, and it offers a considerable range of modified apps, games and more.
What is ACMarket?
More than just an app installer, ACMarket is an app store, much like the Play Store but with two significant differences. The first is that it holds thousands of modified games and apps and the second is that everything is free, even the paid apps from the official store.
Just in case you have any concerns, it is safe to use, and it is legal too. Because it uses the standard app permissions to download it, it doesn’t break any security rules, and you don’t need to root your device to use it.
How to Download ACMarket
- Go to the link above to download the ACMarket APK file
- Open your Android Settings and go to Security
- Tap to enable the Unknown Sources option
- Now find the APK file on your device and double-tap to download it
- Wait; you will see the ACMarket app icon on your home screen when it’s done
How to Use AC Market
ACMarket is very easy to use:
- Open AC Market and tap on Apps
- Choose your category
- Find whatever app or game you want
- Tap it and follow the in-app instructions to install it
Because there are so many apps and games, the developers categorized them for easy use:
- Android Apps – apps and games straight from the official store
- ACMarket Apps – unofficial content only found in ACMarket
- Tweaked Apps – stock Android apps with new features
- Modified Games – stock Android games with in-app purchases unlocked and extra features added
Frequently Asked Questions
We answer some of your top AC Market questions:
Does AC Market Only Support Android?
No. Although it only has Android apps in it, with some easy steps it can also be installed on iOS and on a desktop.
Do I Need To Root My Device?
Not if you don’t want to. However, it will work better on a rooted device because it modified any games or apps you already have on your device. Plus, if you don’t want root, Google Play might block some apps or games that you use over the internet.
Is My Warranty Safe?
Yes. As explained earlier, the app installer doesn’t require special permission to download, so it is perfectly legal. However, if you are using an app that modifies how your device works, you might want to delete it if you have to take your device in for repair.
If you want something a little different from AC Market, TutuApp is an excellent alternative installer, and this one doesn’t require you to root your device. It offers a massive range of apps and games, iOS and well as Android content. Check out the link for more details.
AC Market is an excellent alternative to the official Android app store. It offers far more choice, a great range of modified content and its all free. If you really can’t get on with it, you can delete it quickly enough and try the alternative app store.
Download it today and follow us on Facebook so we can send you more great tips and app recommendations.