In 2018, the Chinese phone brand, Xiaomi teased an upcoming smartphone with exciting features. Early this year, the company revealed that the phone was the Redmi Note 7, a product of the Xiaomi sub-brand, Redmi.
The Redmi Note 7 looks like Xiaomi’s pocket-friendly Mi Play. For instance, both phones have notches on their various screen amongst other similarities. The Redmi Note 7 also comes with specifications that make it stand out from other flagship devices. One of such highlights is the presence of a high-powered camera. Below are the key features of the Redmi Note 7.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Key Specifications
- 3-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels.
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core 2.2 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- 3/4/6GB RAM and 32/64 GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 5MP rear camera and 13MP selfie camera.
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Design and Display
The Redmi Note 7 consists of aluminium alloy and glass. It features the traditional “bar shape” associated by regular smartphone. The Note 7 weighs about 186g and has a width of 75.2mm and a length of 159.21mm.
A vertically placed dual camera setup adorns the back of this device. You can find an LED flash under the sensors. The colourful back panel also has a fingerprint scanner it’s the centre.
Under the display department, the Redmi Note 7 offers a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels on an IPS LCD of 6.3 inches. The display comes with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a screen to body ratio of 81.4%. A water drop notch houses the selfie snapper on this device.
The Redmi Note 7 will be available in red, black and blue.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Camera
Concerning optics, The Redmi Note 7 has a lot to bring to the table. The device sports a new 48MP image sensor with an f/1.8 aperture with a 5MP depth sensor. The depth sensor has an opening of f/2.4.
This camera can capture images using 48 million 0.8-micron pixels in bright light or add other pixels to take a 12Mp photo with larger 1.6-micron pixels. The sensor looks more extensive than what you can find in most smartphones. This feature enables the lenses to gather light at an improved rate. It can also shoot 1080p videos at either 30, 60 or 120 fps.
The selfie snapper consists of a single 13MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. It shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Hardware and Software
This latest addition to the smartphone market runs on a Qualcomm 606 chipset that clocks at 2.2GHz. The mobile processor works with a Qualcomm Adreno 512 GPU to handle the demands of high-resolution graphics.
Concerning memory, Note 7 comes in three variants. The versions have 3/4/6GB of RAM respectively. The versions also have internal storage of either 32GB or 64GB. The internal storage can reach as much as 256GB with the use of a MicroSD card.
The Note 7 comes with the recent Android 9 Pie based on Xiaomi’s in-house MIUI 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Battery and Connectivity
This smartphone has an embedded lithium polymer cell with a decent capacity of 4000mAh. This battery can sustain the phone for 8.5 hours of web browsing and 251 hours of standby time. The battery permits fast charging.
Regarding connectivity, the Redmi Note 7 offers dual slots for Nano Sims. The SIM slot 2 acts as a hybrid slot providing space for a MicroSD card at the same time.
All networks including 4G LTE works on this device. The phone also supports various Wi-Fi standards including Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Dual band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Direct, and Display. Using Bluetooth v.50, the Redmi Note 7 can send files and connect to compatible devices. Charging and mass storage on this device falls under the functions of a Type-C USB v2.0 port with OTG.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm
- Material: Aluminium alloy, glass
- Weight: 186g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS, LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inches
- Screen Resolution: 19.5:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
- Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, Octa-core 2.2 GHz
- RAM: 3/4/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes
- Primary: 48MP with f/1.8 with 5MP f/2.4
- Secondary: 13MP with f/2.2
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Dual band, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display
- Network 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/ 900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: No
- Sensor: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity compass
- Capacity: 4000mAh, non-removable connector
- Type: Li-Poly
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7: Price and Availability
Buyers in China will be the first to purchase the Redmi Note 7. However other countries will receive shipments of the device as early as January 15.
The smartphone costs a CNY 999($150) for the 3/32GB version while the 4/64GB costs CNY 1199 (177 dollars). You can get the 6/64GB model for CNY 1399 ($200).
- Xiaomi has Sold Over 700,000 Pocophone F1 Globally in 3 Months
- Xiaomi Mi Play Debuts in China with 10GB Free Monthly Data for 12 Month