Beijing-headquartered Xiaomi has officially entered the Nigerian market, toeing the same path as OPPO, another Chinese brand that has forayed into the country’s smartphone industry. Xiaomi had, in 2016, officially launched in Nigeria with the Mi brand. But its progress got impeded by trademark-related problems, coupled with a court injunction. All that has been resolved now, and the leading phone maker is in Nigeria.
It was reported that this move would herald the release of a number of Xiaomi mobile phones in various retail stores across the country. Redmi Note 7 is coming as one of such devices: It is a new mid-range smartphone that has a similar appearance with the bigger model of Xiaomi Mi Play and is available for sale in Nigeria. It features a 48MP rear camera, its highlight, and has a 6.3-inch display. Packed with many other exciting specs, the handset promises you a good value for your money.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Key Specs
- 6.3-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution of 1080 X 2340 pixels
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 CPU
- 3GB/4GB/6GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage capacity
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Dual 48MP + 5MP rear camera
- 13MP front-facing shooter
- 4G LTE
- 4, 000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Design and Display
The Redmi brand always recycles design on its smartphones. As a matter of fact, the entire Xiaomi brand does this. The Redmi Note 7 has the same design as others before it; only the internals are different — making it cheaper to produce.
Nevertheless, it is still good-looking and maintains an attractive gradient design. All over the screen style, you will see the bezel reduction, and at the top of the screen, there’s a circular notch.
The smartphone comes with a fairly large screen, and there are 4 curved corners that offer dot-drop display and given extra protection and durability by tough Corning Gorilla Glass 5. This display, of 6.3 inches, has a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Camera and Battery
The highlight of the Xiaomi Redmi is a 48MP primary camera at the back that is equipped with f/1.8 aperture as well as 0.8µm pixel size. This module is paired with a 5MP rear secondary sensor. This combination’s features include portrait mode, low light shot enhancement, EIS as well as slow-mo videos. Flipping the phone to the other side, you would see a 13MP front-facing shooter for taking your selfies.
It packs a fairly large 4000-mAh battery capacity with fast charge support via its USB Type-C port.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Hardware and Software
As expected, the Redmi Note 7 features hardware upgrade in comparison with its predecessor. An octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset, which is clocked at up to 2.2 gigahertz, forms its powerhouse. This CPU is designed on 14nm technology.
This device is available in different options. There is a variant with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM; another version comes with a 4GB of RAM & 64GB/128GB of ROM; and the third option has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of ROM. All 3 variants support storage capacity expansion up to 256GB. It ships with out-of-the-box Android 9 Pie.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price and Availability
The Note 7 is available at major online stores close to your location in the country. Its price starts from $190, approximately. In Nigeria, the 3GB/64GB version goes for ₦58,000, the 4GB/64GB option for ₦66,900, and the 4GB/128GB model for ₦75,500.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Complete Specs
- Dimension: 8.1 by 75.2 by 159.2 mm
- Material: N/A
- Weight: 185 grams
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Ruby Red, Onyx Black, Sapphire Blue
- Water-Proof: Yes, Splash-proof
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3 inches
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Screen-to-Body Ratio: 81.21 %
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Aspect Ratio: 19.5:9 (409 ppi)
- Multi-touch: Yes
- Bezelless Display: Yes, with waterdrop notch
Hardware & Software
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 MSM8956
- Processor: Octa core (2.2 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 260)
- Architecture: 64 bits
- Graphics: Adreno 512
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Expandable Memory: Yes Up to 256 GB
- USB OTG Support: Yes
- Operating System: Android v9.0 Pie
- Rear Camera: Dual 48 + 5MP with 1080p Video@30/60fps
- Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, LED flash, panorama, touch focus, face detection
- Front Shooter: 13MP camera with 1080p Video@30fps
- Settings: Exposure compensation, ISO control
- Image Resolution: 4000 x 3000 Pixels
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi, WiFi direct
- 4G: Yes
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GPS: Available (with Glonass and A-GPS)
- Size of SIMs: SIM1 (Nano); SIM2 (Nano)
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Bluetooth: Yes, with A2DP, LE
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, rear-mounted
- NFC: N/A
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Gravity, Accelerometer, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4000mAh
- User Removable: No
- Type: Li-Polymer
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
- Standby Time: Up to 251 Hours (2G)
Price & Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Price in Nigeria (Recommended): 3GB/64GB version — ₦58,000; 4GB/64GB option — ₦66,900; 4GB/128GB model — ₦75,500
- Available: Yes
You can order your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 on Jumia.
- Xiaomi Begins Expansion in Africa with First Kenyan Store
- Xiaomi leapfrogs Samsung as India’s top Smartphone Maker