WhatsApp stickers have been around for some time now on Android and iOS devices but not all seem to know how it functions. This feature enables users to send stickers, something more fun than just using emojis.
The first sticker to be launched on this service is the “Cuppy” created by Minesung Song. Users will find this sticker preinstalled thanks to the update. However, the company has decided to follow the trend of having its Sticker Store which will enable users to have access to more stickers. Besides the store comes with options that permit you to delete or manage these stickers.
We guess you are excited about this news. So, let’s show you how to use the stickers on WhatsApp. But before you can use these steps ensure you have the updated WhatsApp version and a data connection on your device.
How to Send Stickers on WhatsApp
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android or iOS device
- Choose the contact you wish to send the sticker
- Now, select the ‘Smiley’ button at the left side of the text box
- Select the ‘Sticker’ icon places besides the ‘GIF’ icon
- Tap the ‘Sticker’ icon beside the “GIF” button.
- Tap on the Sticker to Send
- Now let’s show you how to download and manage these stickers from the “Sticker” store.
How to Download and Manage Stickers
- Launch WhatsApp and tap on any contact
- Head to ‘Stickers’ and tap on the ‘+’ icon from the top-right of the Stickers section
- Go to ‘Stickers’ and tap on the ‘+’ icon from the top-right of the Sticker section.
- Select your preferred Sticker pack for download
- Click on the “Download” button to begin the process
- To delete, go to ‘My Stickers’ tap and press the ‘Delete’ button.
- If you wish to delete any sticker, go to My Stickers and select Delete.
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad, you will find the Sticker Button at the right edge of the text box.
Currently, you will find thirteen sets of Stickers on the WhatsApp sticker store (if you add the preinstalled pack). These items include Cuppym Salty, Komo, Bibimbap Friends, Unchi &Rollie, Shiba Inu, The Maladroits, Koko, Hatch, Fearless, Banana, and Biscuit. If you use an Android smartphone or tablet, you can download more stickers from the Google Play store by choosing the “Get More Stickers” at the end of the list.
How to Create WhatsApp Stickers
If you are not satisfied with the available stickers, you can create your unique icon for both Android or iOS app. You can even publish your sticker on Google Play or App Store so that other users can download them. However, you should ensure your WhatsApp stickers are acceptable and legal on the platform.
WhatsApp has offered sample apps and codes for all platforms which help you drop sticker art and build an app with little coding experience. However, if you are an advanced developer, you can make robust sticker apps via the set of APIs and interfaces WhatsApp supports. For developers focusing on creating WhatsApp stickers for iOS devices, we advise you to design your UI.
Here are the following requirements needed before you can create your unique sticker art.
- Each sticker image should have a transparent background.
- Images must be exactly 512 × 512 pixels.
- Each sticker should be less than 100 KB. Check the README files associated with sample apps more tips about reducing the file size of your images.
Ensure you provide an icon which will be used to represent your sticker pack in the WhatsApp sticker picker or tray. The image should measure 96 × 96 pixels and must be less than 50kb. Refer to the above READ ME files for tips about reducing the image size of your file icon.
In addition to the requirements above, we strongly recommend the following when designing your stickers:
- Images rendered on backgrounds such as white, black, coloured and patterned. With this in mind, it is suggested that you add an 8-pixel #FFFFFF stroke to the outer part of the sticker. Check this sample Photoshop file.
- You should have a 16-pixel margin between the actual sticker art and the edge of the 512 × 512 pixel canvas.
For information on file format requirements and tools, you can use to convert your sticker art to the proper file format, see the README files associated with the sample apps.
You can check the README files for tips about proper file formats and apps for file conversion.
- Best WhatsApp Status Quotes – Love, Romantic, Funny, Attitude and Lots More
- How to Use Two WhatsApp on iPhone Without Jailbreak
- How to Restore Deleted Messages on WhatsApp