So far this year, phone brands have tried to outdo each other in a race to gain the attention of consumers. Some have come with devices with low prices while others have integrated extra features, e.g. better batteries and software.
However, Vivo has decided to take a step further by focusing on the camera specs of its devices, the V15 Pro. For one, this device comes with a multiple rear camera setup and most importantly, a pop-up selfie camera.
Apart from the camera, Vivo adds an impressive fingerprint reader, AI capabilities and practical software. It would be fair to consider the V15 Pro as a worthy successor to the legendary NEX.
Now let’s look at the key features of the Vivo V15 Pro.
Vivo V15 Pro Key Specifications
- 6.39-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2316 pixels
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Octa-core 2.0 GHz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- 6/8GB RAM and 128GB built-in storage
- 48MP + 8MP + 5MP rear camera and 32MP selfie camera
- 3700mAh non-removable battery
Vivo V15 Pro Display and Design
The VivoV15 Pro boasts of a 6.39-inch worth of Super AMOLED screen which has offered 1080 × 2316 pixels. Tiny bezels surround the display which gives the phone an almost bezeless look. This accounts for a screen to body ratio of 85.9%. A 5th gen fingerprint sensor lies under the screen. Thus, users can unlock the smartphone with ease.
Unlike most devices today, the Vivo V15 Pro does not have a notch screen that houses its selfie camera. Instead, the selfie snapper lies in a motorized slider (pop up) found at the top edge of the phone. The sides of the phone have a dedicated button for the AI assistant as well as a slot for the MicroSD card.
The back panel has an attractive gradient finish with subtle stripes to complete the look. It also houses a vertically placed camera setup and the Vivo logo.
You can purchase this smartphone in vibrant colours such as Topaz Blue and Coral Red.
Vivo V15 Pro Camera
This phone has a triple rear camera assembly which consists of a 48MP sensor with an f/1.5 aperture, an 8MP camera with ultrawide lens and a 5MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 opening (supports Al Body Shaping). The primary camera supports HDR and Panorama while it shoots 2160p videos at 30fps.
As stated earlier the Vivo v15 has a pop-up selfie camera. This consists of a single 32 MP sensor with support for HDR and can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Vivo V15 Pro Hardware and Software
The V15 Pro runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset that clocks 2.0GHz. This mobile processor works with an Adreno 612 GPU which can handle high-resolution graphics/ gaming.
Still talking about gaming, the V15 Pro has a feature named Game Mode 5.0. This spec ensures better performance during gameplay with less lag and a reduced number of dropped frames.
The smartphone has two variants with either 6 or 8GB of RAM. Both models have internal storage of 128GB expandable to 256GB via MicroSD card.
Out of the box, the smartphone runs on the latest Android 9.0 wrapped with Vivo’s in house Funtouch 9.
Vivo V15 Pro Battery and Connectivity
An embedded 3400mAh battery powers this smartphone as it performs various tasks. On a full charge, this battery capacity can support about 7 hours of web browsing or a day of music play. The battery also features fast charging via its “Dual Engine” technology.
You can use all networks on the Vivo 15 Pro including 4G LTE. Various WiFi standards can also access data services. The device even has Bluetooth 5.0, a MicroUSB 2.0 port and NFC.
Vivo V15 Pro Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 3 x 74.7 x 8.2 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 185g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.39-inches
- Screen Resolution:1080 ×2316 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 , Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 6/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, 256GB
- Primary: 48MP with f/1.8MP (ultrawide lens) and 5MP with f/2.4 (depth sensor)
- Secondary: 10MP pop selfie camera
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB 2.0,
- Loudspeaker: Yes,
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, In Display
- NFC: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Capacity: 3700mAh, non-removable connector
- Type: Li-Poly
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: No
Vivo V15 Pro Price and Availability
Although the device is not in the market, you can pre-order from Vivo’ e-store for $405/€360. Shipments will commence on “Super Day” which is on March 6.
- Budget-friendly Lenovo Tab V7 Announced with 5,180mAh Battery
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE Unveiled as the World’s First Snapdragon 712 Phone