Last week, Samsung announced its latest lineup of Galaxy S10 smartphones. This occasion marked the tenth anniversary of the Galaxy S series. Phones which make up the S10 collection include the Galaxy S10e, S10, S10 Plus, and the S10 5G.
Hosting exciting features, the Galaxy S10 lineup had become a significant topic on various social media channels. The features include massive battery capacity, better cameras, and internal storage. With these new specs, Samsung intends to grab a larger share of the global smartphone market.
Now let’s show you the detailed specifications of one S10 device, the Galaxy S10e. But first, here are some of the critical elements.
Samsung Galaxy S10E Key Specifications
- 5.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2280 pixels
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Octa-core 2.7 GHz, Exynos 9820 Octa
- Octa-core 2.8 GHz, Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855
- 8GB RAM and 256GB built-in storage or 6GB RAM and 128GB built-in storage.
- 12MP + 16MP rear camera and 10MP selfie camera
- 3100mAh non-removable battery
Samsung Galaxy S10E Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S10E has a 5.8-inch AMOLED screen (the smallest in the Galaxy S10’s lineup). Slim bezels surround the screen which has a screen to body ratio of 83.3% while it offers a resolution of 1080 × 2280 pixels. Like most S10 devices, the S10E’s display exhibits Samsung’s Infinity O cut-out that houses the selfie snapper.
Both panels of the Galaxy S10E are covered by Gorilla glass while the smartphone’s body is built from aluminium. Although the materials are durable, the Samsung Galaxy S10E weighs a reasonable 150g which makes it easy to move around.
At the glossy rear panel, you will find a horizontally placed dual camera assembly with an LED flash. Beneath this arrangement lies the “SAMSUNG” logo.
Unlike other phones, the S10E does not have an in-display, or rear mounted fingerprint scanner. Instead, it has its fingerprint sensor at the side.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 will be available in colours such as Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S10E Camera
This smartphone has a dual rear camera setup which consists of a 12MP sensor with an f/1.5 aperture and a 16MP camera with an f/2.2 camera. This camera supports features such as Auto HDR and Panorama. It even shoots 2160p at 30fps.
On the display, the S10E has a 10MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.2. The sensor supports dual video calls and Auto HDR.
Samsung Galaxy S10E Hardware and Software
This S10E has two models. The first one has an Exynos 9820 Octa chipset with a Mali- G76 GPU. While the second variant offers a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC which works with the Adreno 640 GPU.
One of the variants has an 8GB RAM with internal storage of 256GB while the other has a 6GB RAM with internal storage worth 128GB. Both sizes can be extended to 512GB via MicroSD card with the hybrid slot (SIM 2 slot)
The product also runs on Android 9 Pie wrapped with Samsung’s One U1.
Samsung Galaxy S10E Battery and Connectivity
A moderate 3100 lithium-ion cell supports the S10E. This battery is embedded and supports fast and wireless charging.
The Galaxy S10E smartphone works with 4G networks. It also works with Wifi Standards, Bluetooth v5.0 and a MicroUSB 3.1 port for charging and mass storage.
Samsung Galaxy S10E Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 142.2 x 69.9 x 7.9 mm
- Material: Aluminium, Glass
- Weight: 150g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink
- Type: Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 5.8-inches
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2280 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and Performance
- Operating System: Android 9.1 Pie
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855
- RAM: 6/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128/256GB
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Primary: 12MP with f/1.5 -2.4 + 16MP with f/2.2
- Secondary: 10MP with f/1.9
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Network 3G:850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- Network 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB 3.1 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, Side Mounted
- NFC: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- – ANT+
- – Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Capacity: 3100mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Samsung Galaxy S10E Price and Availability
The 6GB variant will cost $711; however, we do not know the price of the larger model. Shipments will begin on March 8, but you can make a pre-order on the Samsung e-store. All pre-orders come with a pair of wireless Galaxy Buds.