With the launch of Galaxy S10, Samsung marks the 10th anniversary of the Galaxy S lineup. The lineup includes devices such as the Galaxy S10E, S10, S10 Plus, and the S10 5G.
These smartphones have whipped up a lot of excitement within the last few days due to their remarkable features. Such features include the ability of these devices to charge other products, massive internal storage, extensive battery life, and enhanced camera specs. The company hopes to increase sales with such attractive specs
With this article, we will be looking at the features of the Samsung Galaxy S10. But first, here are the key features.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Key Specifications
- 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 3040 pixels
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Octa-core 2.7 GHz, Exynos 9820 Octa (EMEA variant)
- Octa-core 2.8 GHz, Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (China, USA/LATAM variant)
- 8GB RAM and 128/512GB built-in storage
- 12MP + 12MP + 16MP rear camera and 10MP selfie camera
- 3400mAh non removable battery
Samsung Galaxy S10 Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy S10 has 6.1 AMOLED screen which surrounded by slim bezels on all sides. Also, the screen supports a resolution of 1440 × 3040 pixels while it has a screen to body ratio of 88.3%. The display features the latest Infinity O tech that houses the selfie camera.
Made from aluminium and glass, the smartphone weighs about 157g while it has a width of 70.4 mm. With such dimensions, the device will fit easily into a single hand or pocket.
At the glossy rear panel lies a horizontally placed triple camera assembly with an LED flash. Underneath this arrangement, you will find the “SAMSUNG” logo emblazoned across the durable metal. Both sides of the device are covered with Gorilla glass.
Unlike other devices, the Galaxy S10 does not have a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner; however, there is an ultrasonic finger sensor on display.
The device will be available interesting color options such as Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, and Flamingo Pink.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Camera
As explained earlier, Samsung has ensured that the S10 has a remarkable camera setup. For instance, the device sports three rear cameras — a 16-megapixel ultrawide sensor with fixed focus, a main 12-megapixel dual aperture wide-angle lens with OIS, and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with OIS that offers 2x optical zoom. This assembly allows you to capture portrait shots and photos with any of the sensors by toggling on display.
You can take a selfie via the S10’s 10MP front facing camera which supports dual aperture. For those who do not know, dual opening enables the camera to allow lighter when in low-light environments.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Hardware and Software
Under this section, The Galaxy S10 comes in two variants. The first variant (which is for European, Middle Eastern and African markets) runs on an Exynos 9820 Octa chipset which clocks at 2.75GHz has the support of a Mali-G76 MP12 GPU.
Moreover, buyers in the Americas and China will have the S10 model which has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor of 2.8 GHz which works beside an Adreno 640 GPU.
Both models have 8GB of RAM with internal storage of 128GB. Using the hybrid slot (SIM 2 slot), the storage can be expanded to 512GB.
The S10 runs on the latest Android 9 Pie wrapped with the One U1. The U1 features Bixby commands and Samsung Dex for desktop support.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Battery and Connectivity
The smartphone has an irremovable 3,400mAh battery that supports fast charging. It also supports reverse wireless charging.
The S10 supports most networks including 4G. Connectivity options on this device include all WIFI Standards, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC and a MicroUSB 3.1 connector.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 9 x 70.4 x 7.8 mm
- Material: Aluminium, Glass
- Weight: 157g
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink
- Type: Dynamic AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.1-inches
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1440 x 3040 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.1 Oreo
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm) – EMEA
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) – USA/LATAM, China
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB expandable to 512GB
- Card Slot: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Primary: 12MP with f/1.5 -2.4 + 12MP with f/2.4 + 16MP with f/2.2
- Secondary: 10MP with f/1.9
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct and Hotspot.
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Network 3G:850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- Network 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB 3.1 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, under-display
- NFC: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
– Bixby natural language commands and dictation
– Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Capacity: 3400mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: No
Samsung Galaxy S10: Pricing and Availability
Although the S10 was announced two days ago, the device will be released on March 8. However, you can make a preorder for $899. Pre-orders made in the US qualify for a free pair of wireless Galaxy Buds.
- How to Remap Bixby Button on Galaxy S10 to Perform Whatever Task
- Best Ways to Connect Samsung Galaxy S10 to TV