Infinix, which is part of Chinese-based Transsion Holdings, recently launched the Smart 3 Plus mobile phone — a budget smartphone that is priced at Rs 6,999 (around $99). The new device, featuring a triple camera setup, a 6.21-inch display, and a 3,500mAh battery, is billed to hit stores across India from Tuesday, April 30.
The phone maker is hoping to consolidate its product portfolio in India with the release of 2 new mobile devices as well as a fitness band in the coming weeks. Infinix is also planning to concentrate its attention on the sub-Rs 10,000 price point in a bid to strengthen its rank in India’s hyper-competitive smartphone industry, slugging it out against the likes of Xiaomi, Samsung as well as Vivo.
Chief Executive Officer at Infinix India Anish Kapoor told PTI that: “We have, over the last many months, engaged extensively with customers to understand their requirements and ensure that we can bring products that meet their demands.” The maker plans to focus on the aspirational India’s average income earners who want a smartphone offering the best features at an affordable price, Kapoor added.
“We will launch two more devices in the next few weeks. We will also have a fitness band in our portfolio… Our focus is on the sub-Rs 10,000 category which still accounts for a significant share of the market,” he confirmed. Data obtained popular research firm IDC reveal that Transsion Holdings, offering phone brands like TECNO and itel in India, held a 4.5 percent share of the overall smartphone shipment last year, which stood at 6.4 million units. Holding a 28.9 percent share, Xiaomi came tops, with Samsung (22.4 percent), Vivo (10 percent), and Oppo (7.2 percent) coming next on the log.
- 1 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Key Specifications
- 2 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Complete Specifications
- 3 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Design and Display
- 4 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Software and Hardware
- 5 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Camera and Battery
- 6 Infinix Smart 3 Plus Connectivity
- 7 The Smart 3 Plus Price in India
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Key Specifications
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 720 x 1520 Pixels
- 2.0GHz Quad-core MediaTek Helio A22
- 2GB Of RAM
- 32GB built-in storage
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 13MP + 8MP + 2MP rear camera
- 16MP front-facing selfie camera
- 3,500mAh non-removable battery
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Complete Specifications
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 157 by 76 by 7.8 millimeters
- Weight: 148 grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Screen Size: 6.4 inches
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Screen Resolution: 729 x 1520 pixels
- Aspect Ratio: 19:9
- Pixel Density: 262ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Hardware and Software
- Chipset: 2.0GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB (via dedicated slot)
- Operating System: Android v.9 Pie with XOS 4.0 Honybee
- Primary Shooter: 13MP + 8MP + 2MP
- Features: dual-LED flash, AI Beauty, HDR, PDAF, Panorama
- Secondary Camera: 16MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: WiFi direct, WiFi hotspot, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- 4G: Yes
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- USB: Yes, Type C
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, rear-mounted
- Audio Jack: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- NFC: N/A
- Sensors: Gravity, Light Sensor, Proximity
- Capacity: 3,500mAh Removable
- Type: Li-Po
- OTG Support: Yes
- Fast Charging: Yes
Price & Availability
- Recommended Retail Price: INR6,999 (around $99)
- Availability: April 30
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Design and Display
The device sports a water-drop style notch, along with a slight chin which you would see at the bottom of the display. It will come with triple rear cameras, coupled with a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. If you check the right edge of the smartphone, you will see volume and power buttons. It features a 6.21-inch HD+ (720 by 1520-pixel resolution) display that has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9, 88% screen-to-body ratio, 2.5D glass protection, and 269ppi pixel density. Its weight is 148g and dimensions are 157 by 76 by 7.8 mm.
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Software and Hardware
The Smart 3 Plus boots Android 9.0 Pie with XOS 5.0 and offers support for dual-SIM (Nano) slots. It draws power from the 64-bit 2GHz Helio A22 quad-core processor. This is paired with IMG PowerVR GPU as well as 2GB RAM. Its ROM, which is pegged at 32GB, can be expanded up to 256GB via a dedicated microSD card slot.
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Camera and Battery
In the camera section, the triple rear camera setup consists of a 13-MP shooter at f/1.8 aperture, another 2-MP unit as well as a low-light sensor. The features of these cameras include dual-LED flash, PDAF, AR Stickers, auto scene detection, and many others. In the front section, there’s an 8-MP shooter equipped with AI Beauty mode and screen flash.
The Smart 3 Plus offers a 3,500mAh battery that can last twenty-five (25) hours of 4G talk time, thirty-four (34) hours of music playback, ten (10) hours of video playback, and twenty-five (25) days of standby time.
Infinix Smart 3 Plus Connectivity
Some of its connectivity options are Bluetooth v5, FM radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Micro-USB port, and others. It features a number of sensors, including proximity sensor, G-Sensor, fingerprint sensor, and light sensor, compass, Face Unlock.
The Smart 3 Plus Price in India
The lone 2GB RAM & 32GB ROM model will go for Rs. 6,999 (around $99) in Indian store. It will be sold on Flipkart in Sapphire Cyan and Midnight Black colour options starting from the 30th of April.
- Infinix Zero 6 Complete Specifications and Price
- Infinix Hot S4 Complete Specifications, Price and Review
- Infinix Hot 7 Pro Complete Specifications and Price
- Infinix Zero 6 Pro Complete Specifications and Price