Infinix Mobility, a subsidiary of Transsion Holdings, Africa’s biggest smartphone makers have finally launched a successor to Infinix Hot S3 – the Infinix Hot S4. However, unlike the TECNO Spark 3, this new smartphone will not have an “X” or “Pro” version, however, it will come in two variants.
As expected from the smartphone maker, it integrates new features into this device. Surprisingly, these specs can place the Hot S4 on the level of many flagship devices.
For instance, it offers an incredible amount of internal storage, triple camera, and an impressive mobile processor. It even has a battery with massive capacity. Now let’s look at the all the Hot S4 has to offer.
Infinix Hot S4 Key Specifications
- 6.26-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, 720 x 1520 pixels.
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz, MediaTek Helio P22
- 3/6GB RAM and 32/64GB built-in storage.
- 13MP + 8MP + 2MP rear camera and 32MP selfie camera.
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
Infinix Hot S4 Design and Display
Looking at the front panel, the Infinix Hot S4 has an IPS LCD of 6.26 inches which supports 720 x1520 pixels. It is made up of a 2.5D Glass body with slim bezels surrounding the screen and end in a more massive chin. At the top, you will find a teardrop notch that houses a selfie camera.
Interestingly, the Hot S4 has a back panel made of glass. This part of the phone houses the rear cameras, its LED flash, and a fingerprint sensor.
The phone features dimensions which makes it fit all hand sizes and also look trendy. For one, it has a width of 75.3mm.
This new smartphone will be available in colours red and blue.
Infinix Hot S4 Camera
One of the highlights of the Hot S4 is its rear camera setup. This assembly consists of three cameras- a primary 13MP sensor, secondary 8MP sensor, and a 2MP wide angle camera.
Underneath the cameras lie a Quad-LED flash for dark environments. Also, the cameras support 1080p videos at 30fps.
For selfies, the Infinix Hot S4 has a 32MP camera which offers captures great pictures via AI. It even shoots 1080p videos at 30fps. You can also use the selfie camera for Face Unlock.
Infinix Hot S4 Hardware and Software
The MediaTek Helio P22 SoC sits at the center of this device. It is a Four-core processor having a clocking speed of up to 2.0GHz and an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU responsible for gaming. This is hooked up to either 3GB, 4GB or 6GB of RAM with two storage options – 32GB or 64GB.
This smartphone runs on MediaTek Helio P22 mobile processor which clocks at 2.0GHz. Coupled with an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU, the chipset supports high-resolution graphics. The Hot S4 also has three variants of 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB RAM.
Furthermore, the smartphone offers 32GB or 64GB worth of internal storage. With a MicroSD card, you can extend either of the spaces to 128GB. The device also features Andriod 9.0 Pie with Infinix’s XOS Honeybee 4.0 wrapped around it.
Infinix Hot S4 Battery and Network Connectivity
A massive 4,000mAh battery powers the features; however, we are not sure if it supports fast charging. On this device, you can make calls and browse on all networks including 4G LTE. Other connectivity options include GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, WiFi Direct, and Hotspot. Finally, it has a 3.5mm earphone jack and a MicroUSB port for charging and mass storage.
Infinix Hot S4 Price and Availability
At the time of its launch, the 32GB ROM variant is set at a retail price of N49,900 while the 64GB ROM variant goes for N64,500. Buy from Jumia.
Infinix Hot S4 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 156.7 x 75.3 x 8.3 mm
- Material: Glass
- Weight: N/A
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Type: IPS, LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.26-inches
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 720 x 1520 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: Quad-Core 2.0GHz, MediaTek Helio P22
- RAM: 3/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32/64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary: 13MP + 8MP + 2MP
- Front Camera: 32MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi direct, hotspot
- 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: WCDMA: B1 2100MHz / B8 900 MHz / 1900 MHz / 850 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, MicroUSB 2.0,
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: No
- Infrared: No
- Sensor: Fingerprint Scanner, Face ID Fast Charging, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3500mAh, nonremovable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: No
- Infinix Hot 7 Complete Specifications and Price
- Infinix Hot 7 Pro Complete Specifications and Price
- Infinix Zero 6 Complete Specifications and Price
- Infinix Zero 6 Pro Complete Specifications and Price