Barcelona FC of Spain, as expected, is one of the strongest teams to choose in the soon to be released EA Sports’ FIFA 19. The FIFA 19 ratings Barcelona for the incoming game is now available. In this article, we are going to be taking you through the ratings of each of the Barcelona squad players, ranging from the top rated to the least rated.
As expected, just like it has been for the most part of the last decade, Lionel Messi, yet again tops the Barcelona’s FIFA 19 ratings chart. He has a total of 94 points, which is an upgrade from last year’s rating of 93 points. This figure is no shame for a player who is widely regarded as the best player in the world. His pace (speed), pass accuracy, shooting power, physical strength, dribbling and so on, make him stand out.
Closely following Lionel Messi in second place is Luis Suarez, who is rated 91 on FIFA 19 by EA Sports. Surprising, Ter Stergen, the Barcelona Goalkeeper is ranked 3rd on the rating chart, at 89. The next rated player is Philippe Coutinho at 88 points.
Philippe Coutinho, a £142million arrival from Liverpool, didn’t quite hit the ground running last season. He, however, had a wonderful world cup, which is probably the key factor of his higher ranking. He has taken that form into the new La Liga season. On the downside, the least rated FC Barcelona player is Ezkieta (the last choice Goalkeeper), with a lowly rating of 62.
Every single player in FC Barcelona’s first-eleven ranks above 80. In total, the team has 18 players ranked 80 and above.
FIFA 19 Ratings Barcelona: The Full Squad
The players are listed in the descending order of their ratings (top rated to least rated).
- Lionel Messi (Right Winger/Attacker) – 94
- Luis Suarez (Top Striker/Attacker) – 91
- Ter Stergen (Goalkeeper) – 89
- Philippe Coutinho (Right Winger/Attacker) – 88
- Sergio Busquet (Defensive Midfielder) – 88
- Ivan Rakitic (Central Attacking Midfielder) – 87
- Gerard Pique (Defender/Centre Back) – 87
- Jordi Alba (Defender/Left Full Back) – 87
- Samuel Umtiti (Defender/Centre Back) – 87
- Arturo Vidal (Attacking/Defensive Midfielder) – 85
- Sergi Roberto (Defender/Right Full back) – 84
- Malcolm (Attacker/Right Winger) – 83
- Ousmane Dembele (Attacker/Right Winger) – 82
- Rafinha (Central Attacking Midfielder) – 82
- Arthur (Central Midfielder) – 82
- Lenglet (Defender/Centre Back) – 82
- Cillessen (GoalKeeper) – 81
- Semedo (Defender/Right Back) – 80
- Alcacer (Striker/Attacker) – 79
- Denis Suarez (Central Midfielder) – 79
- Munir +Attacker/Striker) – 77
- Thomas Vermaelen (Defender/Centre Back) – 77
- Santos (Defender/Centre Back) – 75
- Samper (Central Defensive Midfielder) – 73
- Alena (Central Midfielder) – 70
- Arnaiz (Midfielder) – 70
- Wague (Defender/Right Full Back) – 69
- Cucurella (Defender/Left Full Back) – 69
- Palencia (Defender/Right Full Back) – 69
- Ruiz (Attacker/Striker) – 67
- Camara (Central Midfielder) – 66
- Puig (Central Midfielder) – 65
- Ezkieta (Goalkeeper) – 62
Barcelona won the 2017/2018 Spanish La Liga season, and they’ve been competing at the top level of European football for decades now. Hence, the strong rating of the squad is not farfetched.
In addition, players like Samuel Umtiti, who won the 2018 world cup moved up from 83 (FIFA 18) to 87 (FIFA 19). Also, players like Ivan Rakitic, who had an excellent tournament at the world cup, also received a boost.
What are your thoughts on the FIFA 19 Ratings Barcelona? The game will be officially launched by EA Sports later this month, on September 28. So keep your finger crossed.