YouTube Music and YouTube Premium have finally been made available in 17 countries including the UK and US. The new feature which is a standalone app makes it easy to discover and play music effortlessly. YouTube Premium, on the other hand, offers ad-free listen and other unique features. This article will tell you all you need to know about the two.
YouTube Music – A new streaming service
YouTube Music is a music streaming app and web player built on top of all music on YouTube. Its key features include:
- Albums, singles, live performances, remixes, mixtapes covers and not just music videos can be found on YouTube Music, it contains all.
- You get recommendations and personalization specially built for you based on your music and video history from YouTube. The right music is available to you at the right time.
- There are thousands of playlists to choose from across any genre, mood or activity.
- It’s now easier to find music more than ever, there is a smart search feature which makes it easy to search for songs even if you don’t remember the title. You can search with lyrics.
- A dedicated hottest videos section; this features the hottest music videos in the world at that moment.
- The last feature includes Ad-free listening, downloads and more; a glimpse of what YouTube Premium offers. There is a limited offer of free premium here ($9.99 per month after, $14.99 monthly for a Family Plan).
YouTube Premium offers Shows and not just only music
Premium members will get access to YouTube Originals shows, movies and hit series. It also comes with features from YouTube Music and benefits such as ad-free background and downloads across YouTube. Existing Google Play Music subscribers will get automatic access to YouTube Premium at their current price. For subscription, here ($11.99 per month after, $17.99 monthly for a Family Plan)