Say hello to the Xiaomi Redmi 7 — one of the newest additions to the Redmi series coming with a more powerful processor, larger screen, brand-new plastic body featuring optional trendy gradient designs, among other nifty offerings. This smartphone, which was announced some weeks ago in March, is an all-rounder that does not dazzle fans and customers with just a single headlining feature. It offers you quality and top performance at nearly everything.
The Redmi 7 HD+ screen, of 6.26 inches, provides an immersive experience making games and media look good. The new device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 SoC that works with either 2GB/3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB built-in storage. Its cameras are remarkable as the rear 12-MP main shooter helps you capture impressive daylight shots. Its low-light performance, however, was iffy.
You would find the 4000mAh non-removable battery more than enough to see you through the entire 24 hours in a day.
- 1 Xiaomi Redmi 7 Key Specs
- 2 Xiaomi Redmi 7 Price and Availability
- 3 Xiaomi Redmi 7 Complete Specs
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Key Specs
- 6.26-inch 19:9 display
- 1520 x 720 HD+
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 632
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB of built-in storage
- Adreno 506
- Expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- 12MP f/2.2 + 2MP dual rear shooters
- 8MP f/2.0 front selfie camera
- 4,000mAh battery capacity
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2
- Rear fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock, Dual SIM (Nano)
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 has a dazzling 3D gradient design. It is offered in 3 colour options — Lunar Red, Comet Blue, Eclipse Black — all featuring stylish gradient design. The phone’s back cover design is created with the aid of transparent compression molding as well as colour gradient effect enhanced with nano-coating for elegantly flowing colours.
The 6.26-inch HD+ immersive dot drop display is equipped with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 to achieve screen durability, even without the use of a screen protector. This display offers a 19:9 aspect ratio and 86.83 percent screen-to-body ratio, allowing you to view richer content at just a glance.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Camera and Battery
In the camera department, there’s a dual AI rear camera setup comprising a 12MP primary shooter with 1.25μm large pixels and a 2MP secondary camera. These are great for capturing spectacular photos, and you can easily shoot amazing portrait photos using the AI-powered background blurring.
These cameras come with AI scene detection with smart recognition of twenty-seven (27) scenes to ensure real-time photo optimization.
There is also a selfie camera with 8MP AI Beautify as well as AI portrait mode that identifies facial features, accurately, for creating crystal-clear selfies.
The Redmi 7 is powered by a high-capacity battery with 4000mAh, which utilizes power optimization to provide a longer lasting charge.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Hardware and Software
This smartphone’s hardware and software are optimized for high performance and low power consumption. In the hardware section, there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor with Kryo 250 octa-core CPU architecture, clocked at 1.8GHz, for 40 percent improved performance as well as a faster, smoother user experience.
This processor offers greater battery efficiency, which is ideal for extended use. The Redmi 7 is perfect for gaming since it is equipped with Qualcomm Adreno 506 GPU that brings a vivid experience. There is a model with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM, and another variant with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM. The device has a 2+1 card slot design that simultaneously makes use of two (2) SIM card slots as well as one (1) microSD slot. The microSD supports storage expansion up to 512GB.
It ships with stock Android 9.0 (Pie).
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 price starts from $115 (₦41,400) – $130 (₦46,800), and it’s available on Jumia and stores in Nigeria.
Xiaomi Redmi 7 Complete Specs
- Dimension: 158.73 by 75.58 by 8.47mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 180 grams
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Lunar Red, Comet Blue, Eclipse Black
- Water-Proof: Yes, Splash-proof
- Type: HD+ Immersive touchscreen
- Size: 6.26 inches
- Screen Resolution: 720 by 1520 pixels
- Screen Protection Type: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Aspect Ratio: 19:9
- Pixels per inch:269 ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Hardware & Software
- Processor Make: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core
- Architecture: 64 bits
- Graphics: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Expandable Memory: Yes, up to 512GB
- Operating System(OS): Android v9.0 Pie
- Skin: MIUI 10
- USB OTG Support: N/A
- Rear Camera: 12MP (f/2.2, 1.29-micron) and 2MP
- Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, Dual LED, panorama, touch focus, face detection
- Front Shooter: 8-megapixel (f/2.0)
- Settings: Exposure compensation, ISO control
- Image Resolution: N/A
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi, WiFi direct
- 4G: Yes
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Active 4G on the 2 SIM cards: Yes
- Size of SIMs: SIM1 (Nano); SIM2 (Nano)
- GPS: Available (with Glonass and A-GPS)
- USB: Yes, Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v 4.20, with A2DP, LE
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes, rear-mounted
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS
- NFC: N/A
- Sensors: Gravity, Face Unlock, Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4000mAh
- User Removable: No
- Type: Li-Polymer
- OTG Support: Yes
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Standby Time: N/A
Price & Availability
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Price in Nigeria: $115 (₦41,400) – $130 (₦46,800).
- Available: Yes