Infinix Smart 5 is the latest smartphone from Shenzhen-based smartphone maker. The entry level device is the successor to the Smart 4 and it comes with decent specifications. runs on Android 10 (Go Edition) and is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core processor.
The device features a 6.6” IPS display with a waterdrop notch which houses the selfie camera. It has a 3GB of RAM and a 64GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB. Let’s dive in further on what this device has to offer.
Infinix Smart 5 Key Specifications
- 6.6” HD Display, 720 x 1600 resolution
- 13MP + QVGA + QVGA main camera
- 5,000mAh Battery
- Octa-core 1.8GHz, MediaTek
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- XOS 6.0 based on Android™ 10 (Go Edition)
Design and Display
Infinix Smart 5 features a smooth gradient design. It has a polycarbonate and a glass front which is protected by a 2.5D curved glass. It measures 165.4 x 73.4 x 8.75mm in dimension and weighs 185g. At the back is a fingerprint reader and a rectangular camera cutout. The smartphone comes in blue, black and green colour options.
In terms of display, the smartphone comes with a 6.6” IPS LCD display with a 720 x 1600 resolution. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 266 PPI density and it is capable of 480nits brightness. At the front is a waterdrop notch which houses the selfie camera.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Smart 5 runs on Android 10 (Go Edition) based on the custom XOS 6.0 UI. It is powered by a MediaTek chipset which is clocked at a 1.8GHz octa-core speed. For graphics, it is backed by a PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
In terms of memory, it has a 3GB RAM and a 64GB internal memory which is further expandable via the micro SD card slot up to 256GB. It has a dual nano-SIM slot which supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Infinix Hot Smart 5 Camera
At the is a triple rear camera setup made up of a 13MP main shooter with two QVGA sensors, it also has an LED flash. The camera is capable of HDR, Panorama and it shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
At the front, the waterdrop notch houses the 8MP selfie camera. It comes with dual LED flash for shooting in low light conditions. It shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
- Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider for Infinix, TECNO, Itel
- Infinix Hot 9 Pro Complete Specifications, Review and Price
- Infinix Smart TV S1 Announced in Nigeria, See Specs and Price
Connectivity and Battery
Infinix Smart 5 has dual nano SIM slot with 4G LTE connectivity and a micro SD card slot. It has a fingerprint scanner at the back. It supports OTG, Bluetooth 5.0, comes with a 3.5mm audio jack and FM radio.
It comes with a 5,000mAh non-removable battery. The battery supports 10W charging via its micro USB.
Infinix Smart 5 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 165.4 x 73.4 x 8.75mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: 185g
- Colour: Blue, Black and Green
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 6.6-inch, 20:9 Aspect ratio, 83.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD+ 720×1600 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, XOS v6.0
- Chipset: MediaTek, Octa-core 1.8GHz
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 13MP + QVGA + QVGA sensor with LED flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 8MP selfie with dual LED Flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support Yes
Infinix Smart 5 and Availability
Infinix announced the 2GB/32GB variant in Nigeria and it is available for N39,500.