Infinix Hot 9 Pro joins the Hot 9 series alongside the Hot 9 Play and the original Hot 9 announced back in March. These devices are the next in line from the Hot series and they feature significant upgrades over the Infinix Hot 8 and Hot 8 Lite released last year.
The Hot 9 Pro features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD punch-hole display with a 720 x 1600 resolution. It runs on Android 10 and it is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset with a 4GB RAM and a 64GB internal memory. Let’s take a look at what this device has to offer.
Infinix Hot 9 Pro Key Specifications
- 6.6” HD Display, 720 x 1600 resolution
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA main camera
- 5,000mAh Battery
- Octa-core 2.0GHz, MediaTek Helio P22
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- XOS 6.0 based on Android™ 10
Design and Display
Infinix Hot 9 Pro features a smooth gradient design. It has a plastic body and a glass front which is protected by a 2.5D curved glass. It measures 165 x 76.8 x 8.7mm in dimension and weighs 185g. At the back is a fingerprint reader and a quad camera setup. The smartphone comes in Ocean Wave and Violet colour options.
In terms of display, the smartphone comes with a 6.6” IPS LCD display with a 720 x 1600 resolution. It has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 266 PPI density and it is capable of 480nits brightness.
It has a pun-hole cutout which houses the selfie camera.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Hot 9 Pro runs on Android 10 based on the custom XOS 6.0 UI. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset which is clocked at a 2.0GHz octa-core speed. For graphics, it is backed by a PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
In terms of memory, it has a massive 4GB RAM and a 64GB internal memory which is further expandable via the micro SD card slot up to 256GB. It has a Dual nano SIM slot which supports 4G LTE connectivity.
Infinix Hot 9 Pro Camera
At the back of the is a quad-camera setup which is made up of a 48MP f/1.8 main shooter with 4-in-1 pixel binning, a 2MP macro lens, 2MP depth sensor, and a QVGA lens with Quad-LED Flash. The camera is capable of HDR, Panorama and it shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
At the front, the punch-hole cutout houses the 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera. It comes with an LED Flash for shooting in low light conditions. It also shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity and Battery
Infinix Hot 9 Pro has dual nano-SIM slot with 4G LTE connectivity and a micro SD card slot. It has a fingerprint scanner at the back. It supports OTG, Bluetooth 5.0, comes with a 3.5mm audio jack and FM radio.
It comes with a 5,000mAh non-removable battery. The battery is capable of 13 hours of gaming, 18 hours of internet surfing or 14 hours of video playback according to Infinix.
Infinix Hot 9 Pro Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 165 x 76.8 x 8.7mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: 185g
- Colour: Violet, Ocean Wave
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 7-inch, 20:9 Aspect ratio, 83.0% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD+ 720×1600 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, XOS v6.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 48MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA sensor with Quad-LED flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 8MP(f/2.0) selfie with LED Flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support Yes
Infinix Hot 9 Pro Price and Availability
The device is not yet available in Nigeria but its retail price should be close to N55,000 – N60,000. In India, it was announced at a retail price of Rs 9,499.