Infinix Hot 9 is the latest smartphone to be unveiled by Infinix Mobility, the device comes as a successor to the Hot 8 released last year. It features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD punch-hole display and has a quad rear camera setup at the back.
It ships Android 10 out of the box based on the XOS 6 custom UI and is powered by a MediaTek Helio A25 chipset. It has a 4GB of RAM and a 128GB internal storage. Let’s take a closer look at what this smartphone has to offer.
Infinix Hot 9 Key Specifications
- 6.6” HD+ IPS. Display, 1600 x 720 resolution
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + 0.3MP rear camera/ 8MP selfie camera
- 5000mAh Battery
- Octa-core 1.8GHz, MediaTek Helio A25
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- XOS 6.0 based on Android™ 10
- Fingerprint, Face Unlock 2.0
Design and Display
Infinix Hot 9 has a polycarbonate body and a glass front, it shares a similar design with the Hot 8. It has a 6.6” IPS LCD HD+ display with a 1280 x 720 resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. It has a punch-hole cutout which houses the 8MP selfie camera and it has a 403 PPI density. On top is a 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass for extra protection.
At the back, it has a quad rear camera setup and the fingerprint scanner which is positioned at the centre. The smartphone weighs 190.5g and measures 167 x 76 x 8.3mm in dimensions. It is available in four colours – Ocean Wave, Violet, Quetzal Cyan and Midnight Black.
Hardware and Software
Infinix Hot 9 ships Android 10 out of the box based on XOS 6.0 custom UI. The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio A25 chipset clocking at a 1.8GHz octa-core speed, it is built on the 12nm process and is backed up by an IMG PowerVR GE8320 in terms of graphics.
In terms of memory, it has a 4GB RAM and a 128GB internal memory which is further expandable via the micro SD card slot up to 256GB. It has a Dual nano SIM slot which supports 4G VoLTE connectivity.
Infinix Hot 9 Camera
Infinix Hot 9 comes with an upgrade in the camera department over its predecessor. The device features a punch-hole cutout at the top-left corner of the screen which houses the 8MP selfie camera. The camera comes with AI features such as Portrait Mode and Beauty Mode.
At the back is a quad rear camera setup. The rear camera is made up of a 16MP main shooter with f/1.79 aperture, a 2MP macro lens and a 2MP depth sensor and 0.3MP sensor with a triple LED flashlight. It has panorama, AI HDR, AI Beauty and Custom Bokeh.
Connectivity and Battery
Infinix Hot 9 has dual nano SIM slot with 4G LTE connectivity and a micro SD card slot. It has a fingerprint scanner at the back and its selfie camera comes with Face Unlock. It supports OTG, Bluetooth 5.0, comes with a 3.5mm audio jack and FM radio.
It comes with a 5,000mAh non-removable battery, it supports 10W fast-charge.
- Infinix S5 Pro Complete Specifications, Review and Price
- Infinix S5 Lite Complete Specifications and Price in Nigeria
- Infinix S5 Complete Specifications and Price in Nigeria
Infinix Hot 9 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 167 x 76 x 8.3mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: 190.5g
- Colour: Ocean Wave, Violet, Quetzal Cyan and Midnight Black.
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 6.6-inch, 20.9: Aspect ratio, 81.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD+ 1600 x 720 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, XOS v6.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A25, Octa-core 1.8GHz 64 Bit
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 16MP + 2MP + 2MP depth sensor + 0.3MP with Triple-LED flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps, 720 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 8MP selfie with LED Flashlight
- Video Resolution: 720 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: Yes, 10W
- OTG Support Yes
Infinix Hot 9 Price and Availability
Infinix Hot 9 will retail for $137. In Nigeria, there are two separate variants – [Hot 9 (64GB+3GB) N57200, Hot 9 (32GB+2GB) N53800.
Purchase on Jumia Nigeria.