If you’ve been looking to travel to Spain, we would be showing you how to apply for Spain visa in Nigeria. Spain is one of the most beautiful countries in the world with cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Tenerife and tourist attractions like the Ibiza beach. If you own a valid Nigerian passport, earn a decent amount of money annually and you are interested in Spain visa application in Nigeria, this article is for you.
Types of Spain Visa – How to Apply for Spain Visa in Nigeria
There are two types of Spanish Visa, the Short Term Visa and the Long Term Visa.
- Short Term Visa: This allows you a maximum of 90 days stay in the country. This includes Business Visa, Transit Visa, Medical, Tourist, Family Visit, Conference, Sports and Events.
- Long Term Visa: This allows a maximum of 180 days stay but it is subject to change. Type includes a Family Reunion Visa.
General Requirements for a Spanish Visa – Spanish Visa Application Form
- A Schengen Visa application form which can be downloaded here. Form should be filled completely with all sincerity.
- 2 recent passport photographs with a white background. See passport sizes and examples here.
- Your passport with at least 2 blank pages which is valid for a minimum of 3 months beyond the return date.
- A cover letter by the applicant stating the purpose of visit to Spain and itinerary. See letter sample here.
- Prove of civil status – marriage certificate, birth certificate, birth certificate of children, etc.
- Original bank account statement with bank stamp and authorized signatory of bank for the last 3 months which must be submitted to the Spanish Consulate office in Nigeria.
- Schengen Travel insurance confirmation of a minimum 30,000 Euros coverage within Spain. This covers any expense that may arise in case of unforeseen circumstances – urgent medical attention or emergencies. Insurance duration must cover entire period of stay and an additional 15 days more after proposed departure date out of Schengen area.
Additional Requirements and Fees for Specific Visa Types
- Additional requirements and fees of Short Term Visa and Long Term Visa are different. Click on your desired visa type below to see requirements and fees.
- Short Term – Business Visa, Transit Visa, Medical, Tourist/Family Visit/Conference/Sports/ Events.
- Long Term – Family Reunion Visa
Processing Time of Visa
Applications accepted at the Spain Visa Application Centre will be submitted on the next working day at the Embassy of Spain/Consulate General of Spain. Once the application has been submitted, the applicant can be further requested additional documentation in support of the same. Please note as per the instructions received from Embassy of Spain minimum processing time is 15 Calendar days (It may delay depending on case to case).
All applications must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the proposed date of travel to accommodate any unforeseen processing delays.
- Italy Visa Application in Nigeria: Detailed Requirements
- How to Apply for France Visa in Nigeria — Requirements and Charges
- How to Apply for UK Visa in Nigeria: General Requirements
- Canada Visa requirements for Nigeria – How to Apply
Kindly note if application submitted in Satellite centre, it may take up to 48-72 hours in transit to Lagos. All the applications received from Satellite centers will be sent to Embassy/Consulate on next working day
Processing time will start excluding the date of submission of application at BLS International Services.
Time for submission is 8am – 1pm (Mondays – Fridays). Passport processed can be collected 1pm – 4pm (Mondays to Fridays).
Lagos Office Address:
Plot 169, Africa Re Building, Karimu Kotun Street,
Victoria Island, 3rd Floor, Lagos
This is how to apply for Spain Visa in Nigeria. Buena suerte!