How to apply for France Visa in Nigeria, how much is France visa fee, France Visa requirement in Nigeria.
Are you interested in travelling to France for an official appointment, education, tourism or for other reasons? You have come to the right place for reliable information about the general requirements and guidelines for France visa application in Nigeria. Some of the beautiful sites you would find captivating during your trip to France are the Eiffel Tower (the most popular tower globally), the Arc Triomphe, the Disneyland, the Louvre and lots more!
Officially known the French Republic, France is a Western European country with a population of approximately 67 million people (October 2017 estimate by the CIA). While its capital city is Paris, other famous urban centers in the country include Nice, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux and Toulouse. After Germany, France is the second most populous member country in the EU.
How to apply for France Visa in Nigeria – France Visa Appplication
Categories of Short-Term Visas
These are as follows:
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Family/ Friend Visa
- French Overseas Territories
- Airport Transit
General Requirements for France Visa Application in Nigeria
If you are above 18, you will need the following documents for your France visa application:
- The original copy as well as a photocopy of a valid international passport with a validity period of a minimum of six months following your visit with three pages that are consecutive
- A colored passport photograph with a dimension of 3.5mm by 4.5mm, white background and recently captured
- Statement of account as well as copies of previous tellers for financial transactions (if needed)
- If you’ve taken a trip to countries such as the UK, the US, Japan, Canada and Schengen countries (like Germany, Denmark, Sweden, etc.), you will be required to bring a minimum of two other passport information pages.
- A proof of employment, letter of leave from your workplace, your salary/remuneration; the date you plan to go back to work must be stated explicitly and you should state if your allowance for leave was paid to you
- If you are going for a business trip, you will need to submit a copy of letter of incorporation from corporate affairs commission
- If you’re traveling on an official assignment, you must submit an invitation proof by the company in France
- If your income is not sufficient or you’ve no personal income at all, your partner will have to offer their own in place of yours to meet up with the financial demands
- A copy of medical insurance, which covers the duration of your stay as well as medical care, obtained from countries in the Schengen area
- A proof or receipt of ticket for current return flight as well as hotel reservation.
If you are an applicant below 18, you will need the following:
- Your birth certificate
- The approval from your parent for travel
- A copy of valid ID card of your parents or guardian
Procedure on how to Apply for France Visa in Nigeria
- Acquire an international passport or renew the document (if applicable): You’re only eligible to travel to any place outside the shores of this country unless you’ve a valid international passport. If you don’t have this document, pay a visit to the immigration office closest to you to apply for one. However, if you already have a passport and it’s no longer valid, you can also renew it in any immigration office nearest to you. If you are an expat in Nigeria and wish to apply for a French visa, it is recommended you contact the immigration office of your home country.
- Obtain a registration form: Visit the online registration platform, print the application form and then complete the relevant details. Also download the questionnaire on their site and supply the needed data.
- Submitting the registration form: Visit any VSF center, along with your properly completed form and necessary documents, for this step. Here, you will do a biometric test and will be issued a receipt.
Submission and Processing Time of Visa Application
You can submit your application for France visa within 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Monday – Friday (except during public holidays). Visa processing could take up to three weeks.
Fee and Collection of Time of your Visa
The processing fee is €60 (about ₦25000 depending on exchange rate) and a service fee of VFS of ₦5625 (VAT included). You will make this payment at your VFS center. Visa collection times run from 2:30PM to 4:00PM every working day of the week apart from public holidays.
Address and Location of France Embassy in Nigeria
Abuja Office: No. 37, Udi Hills Str., Off Aso Drive Maitama, Abuja; +234-0805 949 97 86 & +234-0803 958 75 47
That’s how to apply for France Visa in Nigeria. Got any question, drop comments below.