Italy Visa application in Nigeria, how much is Italy visa fee, Italy Visa requirement in Nigeria.
Italy — formerly known as the Italian Republic — is a Schengen state, along with other countries including Greece, Germany, Estonia, Iceland, Luxembourg, Latvia, Netherlands and many others. With a population of 61 million people (2016 estimate), the country is the fourth most populous member state of the European Union. Italy, which is located in the center of the Mediterranean Sea, has Rome as its capital city and also the largest.
Categories of Italy Visas – Italy Visa Application in Nigeria
There are two major categories of Italy visas: short-term and long-term visas.
Short-Term Visa includes the following:
- Study Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Sport Competition Visa
- Religious Purpose Visa
- Government Delegation Visa
- Conference Visa
On the other hand, Long Term Visa includes the types listed below:
- European Union Citizens’ Family Members Visas
- Work (Independent) Visa
- Family Reunion Visas (Foreign citizen with foreign citizen)
- Employment Visa
- Re-entry Visa
General Requirements for All Categories of Visas
To ensure speedy processing of your Italy visa application in Nigeria, you must submit the following documents:
- A visa application Form completed online and signed in addition to the necessary checklist
- 2 clear color copies of the data page of your passport
- Color copy of your visas formerly and currently used for trips to any of the US, Canada, the UK and Schengen countries, along with landing stamps
- Other supporting documents as specified by the required checklist
If you are below 18, you have to submit the following documents:
- A photocopy of your birth certificate granted by the National Population Commission (this requirement is mandatory)
- A letter obtained from your school that states the class you have attended and permission given for your absence
- Your parents, if they are not going on the trip with you, have to issue a written permission which takes the form of a sworn Affidavit granted by a High Court, containing the identity photograph of the parents as well as a copy of your own passport
- If you are under the full guardianship of one of your 2 parents, an order issued by a court must be provided, which declares complete custodianship of the parent in question
Passport Requirements for Italy Visa Application
You have to make sure your passport is in conformity with these under-listed conditions:
- You must present a valid passport that has at least of six months of validity period and would need at least three consecutive pages, which are empty, in a leaf in the document.
- The issue date of your passport mustn’t be up to ten years as at the time you will be submitting it.
Along with the application form of your visa, you must (compulsorily) provide a sheet of paper that is typed, containing the following details as regards to your passport:
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Personal active e-mail address
- Personal phone number
- Travel dates
- Flight Route
- Used airline
Application Process for Italy Visa
You can submit your application at VFS center for Italian visa in Lagos with the relevant documents; we’ll give the full address shortly below.
Irrespective of the duration of your stay in Italy, you must sign and submit a Declaration of the submission of accurate as well as full info, along with your visa application form.
Processing Time for Visa Application
After submitting your application, you will be notified about when you can collect your passport at the VFS center. You can do this between 11:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday to Friday apart from public holidays. You are advised to go along with your collection slip issued to you while submitting your application.
Tracking Your Visa Application Online
You can track your application here on the internet with your Receipt Number and date of birth, after submitting it at the VFS center.
Address of Italy Visa Application Centers in Nigeria
Consulate of Italy Directly: No. 12 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Wednesday and Friday, 10:00AM to 01:00PM.
That’s all you need to know about Italy Visa application in Nigeria. Got any questions? comment below.