It is 30 years today since GIFs came into being on the internet and Facebook is now making it possible to add GIFS to Facebook comments.
GIFs has been available on Messenger for a long time and according to reports by Facebook, close to 13 billion GIFs was sent last year by users on Messenger. GIFs has gain more popularity as more and more people are beginning to use them for interactions and updates across social media. Recently, WhatsApp also made it possible to post GIFs in conversations with people.
Today, Facebook is making it possible globally to add GIFs to Facebook comments by celebrating 30 years anniversary of GIFs being on the internet.
How to add GIFs to Facebook Comments on Android, IOS and Desktop
- Update you Facebook app to the latest version.
- Open your Facebook app or the website and locate the particular post you want to make a GIF comment on.
- Tap on the comment box and use the new GIF button as shown below.
- Type the comment you have in mind; a GIF matching the comment appears.
- Tap on it to finally make the GIF comment.
To join more in the GIF 30th anniversary party and fun, use the #GIFparty hashtag on Facebook and also read more from the official blog post here.