YouTube has a secret “dark mode” you didn’t knew existed. If you are tired of seeing the normal YouTube white background, we will be showing you how to activate YouTube Dark Mode. A reddit user discovered this new mode and we will forever be grateful to him.
There are times when we stay up late in the night, watching some clips on YouTube and learning things. Seeing a white background too maybe affect the eyes long term so it is actually a good idea to try this new Dark Mode on YouTube. This Mode only works on Google Chrome and you have to have the latest version installed on your computer, version 57 and above.
How to Activate YouTube Dark Mode on Windows and Mac
- If you have not been using Chrome browser, download here. This will install the latest version on your PC or Mac.
- Open Google Chrome browser then Developer tools by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows. For Mac users, press Option+Cmd+I on your keyboard.
- Select the Console section.
- Past this code in the Console section: document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE” Hit the Enter key afterwards.
- Close Developer tools now and reload YouTube on your Chrome browser.
- To now use Dark Mode, click on your YouTube profile avatar.
- From the drop-down menu shown, click on Dark Mode.
- Activate by toggling or switching the white button to the right.
- There goes your new YouTube Dark Mode in all its glory.
This new mode has not yet been made official by YouTube, but if you are someone that spends so much time on YouTube, use this mode and relieve your eyes.