In this post, we will guide you on different ways to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV. After releasing the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL last year, Google officially announced the next series of Pixel devices at its I/O event. This time around, the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL were unveiled as budget devices with its pricing starting at $399.
The Pocophone F1 was said to be the best budget device on the market when it came out, but the new kings are now the Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL devices. Powered by a Snapdragon 670 chipset, the Pixel phones have a 1080P OLED display and still retains the camera quality of the older Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. It is not water-resistant, means no IP certification; understandably because some sacrifices had to be made since it’s a budget device. Sit back and read as we guide you how to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV.
Ways to Connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV
Using the Chromecast
Not just for the new Pixel smartphones, the Chromecast is easily one of the best and popular ways to connect any Android device that supports screen mirroring to a TV. Other than this, Google Chromecast is one of the cheapest ways to stream video content to your TV offering access to Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and other services.
See an in-depth guide on how to set up the Chromecast.
Connect Using and All-Share Hub
Another way to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV is by using the wired All-share. There are many types and Samsung even sells as one of the accessories for its Galaxy smartphones, people also connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to TV with it. You can get one on Amazon
- With an HDMI cord, connect your All-share hub to your TV
- Make sure there is an active wireless connection on your Pixel smartphone. Connect the All-share hub to the same internet wireless connection on your phone.
- On your Pixel smartphone, Go to “Access Settings” and select “Screen Mirroring”.
- Your Pixel smartphone’s screen is cast to your TV.
Connect using Miracast
Another way to connect Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL to TV is by using Miracast, bear in mind, this only works for Rooted Pixel devices. The Miracast looks like a typical USB drive and does not require an internet connect, all you have to do is just plug into your TV.
To make your Pixel device work with Miracast there are steps you must follow, see below:
- Install BuildProp editor. Search on Google to get this.
- Tap on “Add New” at the top right corner of your screen.
- You must now change property name to “persist.debug.wfd.enable”.
- Change value to “1”.
- Reboot your Pixel smartphone.
- Go to “Settings>Display>Cast>Menu>Enable Wireless Display”.
Just like that, your Pixel screen will be shown on your TV.
- Best Ways to Connect Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL to TV
- Best Ways to Connect Samsung Galaxy S10 to TV
- How to connect iPhone XS Max, Xs and Xr to your TV
In conclusion, if you are not casting your Pixel 3a or the Pixel 3a XL on a larger screen you may be underutilising the device. We hope we’ve been able to help with the above methods.