TECNO Spark 5 Pro joins the Spark 5 and the Spark 5 Air announced earlier this year in May. The device comes in two variants – a 128GB ROM + 4GB RAM and a 64GB ROM + 3GB RAM. It shares similar specification with the Spark 5 with only slight differences in camera and storage.
The Spark series from TECNO are known to be affordable and is targeted towards the youths. Spark 5 Pro is available in Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabed Blue and Comet Black colours.
TECNO Spark 5 Pro Key Specifications
- 6.6” HD+ Display, 720 x 1600 resolution
- 16MP Quad Rear Camera, 8MP Selfie Camera
- 5000mAh Battery
- Octa-core 2.35GHz, MediaTek Helio P20
- 4GB/3GB RAM
- 128GB/64GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- Fingerprint, Face Unlock 2.0
Design and Display
TECNO Spark 5 Pro has a polycarbonate body with a gradient glossy finish. It is available in Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabed Blue and Comet Black colours, and it measures 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.75mm in dimensions.
In terms of display, it has 6.6 HD+ screen with a 720 x 1600 resolution. It has a punch-hole cutout which houses the 8MP selfie camera. Its fingerprint scanner is mounted at the back and there is a rectangular box which houses the quad rear camera.
Hardware and Software
The smartphone ships Android 10 out of the box based on the OEM’s custom HiOS 6.0 UI. It is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P20 chipset which is built on a 12nm process and its clocked at a 2.35Ghz with eight cores. In terms of graphics, you get the PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
It comes with a 4GB/3GB RAM and a 128GB/64GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via the microSD card slot.
TECNO Spark 5 Pro Camera
The smartphone has a quad-camera at the back which is headlined by a 16MP f/1.8 main camera. There is a 2MP macro lens for close-up shots, another 2MP depth lens for portrait shots and a QVGA lens. The camera is supported by four LED flash and it comes with features such as HDR and Panorama. It shoots1080p/720p at 30fps.
For selfies, there is an 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera with dual flash. It shoots 720p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity and Battery
TECNO Spark 5 Pro is powered by a non-removable Li-polymer 5,000mAh battery. It uses a dual nano SIM card and connectivity options are WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and a 3.5mm audio jack. The batter is capable of 430hrs standby time and 14hrs of video playback.
TECNO Spark 5 Pro Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.75mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: N/A
- Colour: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabed Blue and Comet Black
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 6.6-inch, 19.5: Aspect ratio, 90.2% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD+ 720 x 1600 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, HiOS v6.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P20, Octa-core 2.35GHz 64 Bit
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 4/3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB
- Primary: 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + QVGA sensor with four LED flash
- Video Resolution: 1080P at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 8MP with Dual flash
- Video Resolution: 720 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B28/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 5,000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support Yes
TECNO Spark 5 Pro and Availability
The 3GB/64GB variant has a retail price of N53,900 in Nigeria.