Nokia 7.1 Plus has launched in China as Nokia X7 with the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 chipset, the first in the Snapdragon 700 series. The smartphone, which is the latest in the Nokia X-series, will be called Nokia 7.1 Plus on global markets. The mobile device is yet another phone manufactured by HMD Global within 2 years the company re-launched the Nokia brand in the Android world.
Nokia 7.1 Plus Key Specs
- 18-inch FHD & HDR-ready display
- Dual-core Kryo 360 processor (Octa-core 2.2 GHz & 1.7 GHz Hexa-Core)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB ROM (expandable up to 400GB)
- Dual camera setup of 12 MP & 13 MP rear cameras
- 20-MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM VoLTE standby
- 3500mAh non-removable battery
- Rear Fingerprint Sensor Light sensor, Proximity sensor, etc.
Design and Display
This device comes with a design language, similar to that of Nokia 6.1 Plus but with an improved appearance. It uses the same premium glass, which is built on the front and back, coupled with a metal frame in the middle. When you take a look down under, you will be greeted with a small chin having “Nokia”, emblazoned on it. In comparison with Nokia 6.1 Plus, this smartphone sports a bigger 6.18” FHD+ HDR-compatible display with PureDisplay technology as well as 18.7:9 aspect ratio.
Hardware and Software
Concerning storage options, the company has released a version that provides 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, a model that has 6GB and 64GB, and another variant that offers 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. In the trio, the ROM can be expanded up to 400GB via microSD card. Nokia 7.1 Plus is powered by Android 8.1 Oreo but should be updated to Android 9.0 Pie soon.
This phone features a Zeiss-branded dual camera set-up on the back, with a 13MP primary lens accompanied by a 12MP secondary sensor, capable of receiving optical image stabilization (OIS) support. Nokia 7.1 Plus, like other phones manufactured by HMD under the Nokia brand, features the Bothie mode, allowing you to record video simultaneously using the front and rear cameras. Its front camera has a 20MP lens, with f/2.0 aperture as well as 1.8-micron pixels, supporting Beauty mode & Portrait lighting.
Connectivity and Battery
Powered by a 3,500mAh battery, this mid-end Nokia smartphone has 18W fast charging capability. Its connectivity modes include Dual SIM VoLTE standby, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, type-C USB port, 3.5mm headphone jack and so on.
Nokia 7.1 Plus Complete Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE bands 1(2300) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM, Nano-SIM
- Volte: Yes
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v5.0
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, Glonass
Design and Display
- Dimensions: 154.8 by 75.7 by 7.9 mm
- Weight: 178g
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Red, Silver, Midnight Black, Dark Blue
- Display: 6.18 inches, 1080 by 2246 pixels, 403 PPI, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, IPS display
- Touchscreen: Yes Capacitive Touchscreen, Multi-touch
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Proximity, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Gyro
Hardware and Software
- Processor Type: Octa-core (2.2 GHz, Dual-core, Kryo 360 & 1.7 GHz, Hexa Core, Kryo 360)
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 616
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400GB
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 12MP dual rear cameras, Auto Flash, Digital Zoom, Face detection, Touch to focus
- Front-facing Camera: 20MP, Exposure compensation, ISO control
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Audio: N/A
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Charging: 18W fast battery charging support
- Battery Type and Capacity: Lithium-Polymer 3500mAh (Non-Removable)
- Announced: October 2018
- Availability: November/December 2018
Nokia 7.1 Plus Price
On the Chinese market, the phone model with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage goes for 1600 Yuan (around 230 dollars); the 6GB RAM and 64GB variant costs 1999 Yuan (about 288 dollars) for; and the one with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage is offered for 2499 Yuan (approx. 360 dollars).