Itel A56 is the latest smartphone to be unveiled by Transsion-owned itel mobile. As expected, the device is an entry-level one coming at a price below $100. The smartphone is powered by a UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E CPU and a 1GB RAM.
Itel A56 comes with a 6.0” IPS display and runs on Android 9 Pie Go Edition. Let’s dive in deeper to what this device has to offer.
Itel A56 Key Specifications
- Android 9 Pie, Go Edition
- 6.0” IPS Display, 480 X 960 pixels
- 16GB ROM /1GB RAM
- UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E, 1.3GHz quad-core
- 8MP + 0.3 Dual Rear Camera
- 5MP Selfie Camera
- 4,000mAh battery
Design and Display
Itel A56 has a plastic body and comes with a 6.0” IPS LCD display. It has a 460 x 960 screen resolution and a 242 ppi density. The display is the regular 18:9 aspect ratio which gives room at the top and bottom for some hardware. At the top is the selfie camera, the LED flash and speaker grill.
At the back of the device is its dual rear camera and LED flash, there is also a fingerprint scanner positioned at the back. The device is available in two colours – gradation blue and black.
Hardware and Software
Itel A56 runs on Android 9 Go Edition and it is powered by a UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E quad-core chipset clocking at a 1.3GHz speed. It has a 1GB RAM and a 16GB internal memory which is expandable via the microSD card slot up to 64GB.
Itel A56 Camera
Being an entry-level device, its camera specifications are modest as well. At the top bezel of its display is its 5MP selfie camera with a LED flash. The front-facing camera supports HDR and is capable of shooting 720p videos at 30fps.
The rear camera does not offer much either with an 8MP main shooter and a 0.3MP VGA lens. It has an LED flash and is also capable of shooting 720p videos at 30fps.
Connectivity and Battery
You won’t get a 4G network on this device so you have to manage the 3G network. Other connectivity options are Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS and the 3.5mm audio jack. It comes with an FM radio as well.
On the battery side is a 4000mAh non-removable battery which can be charged via the microUSB port. There is no fast charge as expected.
- Itel S15 Pro Complete Specifications, Price and Review
- Itel S15 Complete Specifications and Price
- TECNO Camon 15 vs Camon 15 Pro: Which Should You Buy?
Itel A56 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 159.7 x 77.7 x 8.9mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: 64g
- Colour: Gradation Blue, Black
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.0-inch
- Screen Resolution: 480 x 960 pixels, 18:9, 242pp1
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 3 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie, Go Edition
- Chipset: UniSoC Spreadtrum SC7731E, 1.3GHz quad-core
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 64GB
- Primary: 8MP + 0.3MP with LED flash
- HDR, Panorama, PDAF
- Video Resolution: 720p at 30fps
- Secondary: 5MP with LED Flash
- Video Resolution: 720p at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8
- 4G: No
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support Yes
Itel A56 Price and Availability
Itel A56 is available in stores around you at a recommended retail price of N20,400.