Infinix Zero 8 is the new entry to the Zero lineup of smartphones from Shenzhen-based smartphone maker, Infinix Mobility. The smartphone brings improved specification over its predecessor, boasting a 6.85” FHD+ 90Hz screen, an 8GB of RAM and a 64MP quad-camera.
Infinix Zero 8 Key Specifications
- 6.85” FHD+, 90Hz Display, 2340 x 1080 resolution
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP rear camera, 48MP + 2MP selfie camera
- 4500mAh Battery
- Octa-core 2.35GHz, MediaTek Helio G90T
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- XOS 7.0 based on Android™ 10
- Fingerprint, Face Unlock 2.0
Design and Display
Infinix Zero 8 has a polycarbonate body with a gradient design and it is available in two colours – Space Grey and Luzern Green. It weighs 205g in size and measures 168.7 x 76.1 x 9.1mm in dimensions.
In terms of display, it has 6.85 FHD+ screen with a 90hz refresh rate and a 180Hz sampling rate. It has a pill-shaped cutout which houses the dual selfie camera. Its fingerprint scanner is side-mounted, and at the back is a quad camera setup and a quad LED flash.
Hardware and Software
The smartphone ships Android 10 out of the box based on the OEM’s custom XOS 7.0 UI. It is powered by MediaTek’s Helio G90T chipset which is built on a 12nm process and its clocked at a 2.35Ghz with eight cores. In terms of graphics, you get the PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
It comes with an 8GB RAM and a 128GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 512GB via the microSD card slot.
Infinix Zero 8 Camera
The smartphone has a quad-camera at the back which is headlined by a 64MP HD Ultra Night Camera, it has the Sony IMX686 6P camera sensor. There is an 8MP ultra-wide angle camera, a 2MP macro Shooter and a 2MP Bokeh lens. The camera is supported by a quad LED flash and it comes with features such as HDR and Panorama. It shoots 4K video at 30fps and 1080p at 30fps.
For selfies, there is dual 48MP HD camera + 8MP ultra-wide angle camera. It supports HDR at shoots 4k and 1080p videos at 30fps.
- Carlcare Repairs Your Phone, Speedaf Express Picks Up and Delivers to your doorstep for free
- Carlcare Service: The Official Phone Repair Provider for Infinix, TECNO, Itel
- Infinix Smart 5 Complete Specifications, Review and Price
Connectivity and Battery
Infinix Zero 8 is powered by a non-removable Li-polymer 4,500mAh battery. It uses a dual nano SIM card and connectivity options are WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and a 3.5mm audio jack. The smartphone supports 33W Super Charge via its reversible USB-C port which the manufacturer says charges the battery from 0 – 70% in 30 minutes.
Infinix Zero 8 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 168.7 x 76.1 x 9.1mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: 205g
- Colour: Space Grey and Luzern Green
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 6.85-inch, Aspect ratio, 86.8% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: FHD+ 2340×1080 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, XOS v7.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G90T, Octa-core 2.35GHz 64 Bit
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB
- Primary: 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP sensor with Quad-LED flash
- Video Resolution: 4K at 30fps, 1080 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 48MP + 8MP Dual Selfie camera
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B28/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4500mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: 33W Super Charge
- OTG Support Yes
Infinix Zero 8 and Availability
Infinix Zero 8 retails for N116,900 in Nigeria and its available in retail stores across the nation.