Now that Stealing is Corruption in Nigeria, whistle-blowing has been adopted as one of the means of fighting this cankerworm plaguing our country. As a whistle-blower for EFCC, you will be acting as an informant for the anti-graft agency. And of course, there is a reward: you get between 2.5% – 5% of the recovered fund,when your whistle helps in tracking and apprehending looters.
According to a recent news $160 million and N8 billion have been recovered within two months of launching this programme, with the information leading to the recover of these moneys provided by three whistle-blowers. The success of the programme within this short period of time is ascribed to the use of ICT.
Whistle-blowers don’t visit police station or even EFCC office to make a report. They simply use an online whistle-blowing platform designed by the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF). This platform allows submission of tips on fraudulent transactions, thereby making a tip submitter blow foul-play whistle against government officials, without the risk of being known.
If you also want to take advantage of the platform and blow against corruption in Nigeria, proceed as follow:
How to Use the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) Whistleblowing Platform
- Access the platform by clicking here.
- After landing on the homepage click on Submit Tip.
- On the Submit Tip page, choose the Type of organisation you want to blow your whistle against: either a Ministry, a Department, or an Agency.
- After selecting the type of organisation, select the Organisation Name, from the drop-down menu.
- Under Type of Tip, click to select the category of the fraudulent activity you want to report. There is also an option you can use to specify, if the category isn’t on the provided menu list.
- Under Branch/Address of Organization, you can provide the specific address of the organisation involved.
- Under Date of Concerned Transaction, you will put the date of the transaction in which the fraud was committed.
- Under Description of Tip, you will give the full description of how the fraud was committed.
The above are the vital information that a whistle-blower needs to submit. All other parts of the form can be left out, if the whistle-blower worries about his identity.
The amount of money involved in the fraud and other supporting documents to backup the information provided can also be filled in, on the page.
- After filling all the important parts of the form, click Submit to send your provided information to FMF server.
If you don’t want to do form stuff, you can put a direct call to 09098067946, Monday – Friday (10:00am to 3:00pm) except on public holidays, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Checking Tip Feedback
To check the feedback of a submitted tip, do as follow:
- Click on Tip Feedback.
- On the Tip Feedback page, type in the reference number given to you after submitting a tip.
- Then click on Search to see the feedback of your submitted tip.
Becoming a whistle-blower helping in the fight against corruption in Nigeria is as simple as that. EFCC cannot do the job alone. Together we can!