TECNO Pova is a new smartphone series from TECNO Mobile. The tagline for this series is “Giant Power, Super-Fast” while the acronym POVA stands for Powering Optimal Value and Ambitions. The new TECNO Pova replaces the Pouvoir series but still keeps the same core characteristics the latter is known for.
TECNO Pova comes features a powerful 6,000mAh battery capacity with 18W flash charge and it is powered by MediaTek Helio G80 processor. Let’s take a deep dive into this device.
TECNO Pova Key Specifications
- 6.8” HD Display, 720 x 1640 resolution
- 13MP Quad Rear Camera with Quad Flash
- 8MP Front Camera with Dual Flash
- 60,00mAh Battery
- 18W Flash Charge
- Octa-core 2.0GHz, MediaTek Helio G80
- HiOS 7.0 based on Android™ 10
Design and Display
TECNO Pova has a polycarbonate 3D multi-layer body with a gradient glossy finish. To reduce the rise of charging temperature, TECNO made use of a thermal conductive material which improves the efficiency of heat dissipation considerably. The smartphone is available in three colours – magic blue, speedy purple and dazzle black. It measures 171.23 x 77.57 x 9.4mm in dimensions.
In terms of display, it has 6.8” HD Dot-in display with a 720 x 1640 resolution. It has a 90.4% screen-to-body ratio, 264ppi density and is capable of 480nits in brightness.
Hardware and Software
The smartphone ships Android 10 out of the box based on the OEM’s custom HiOS 7.0 UI. It is powered by MediaTek’s Helio G80 chipset which is built on a 12nm process and its clocked at a 2.0Ghz with eight cores (Cortex-A75). In terms of graphics, you get the PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
The chipset is paired with a 6GB of RAM and a 128GB internal storage which is expandable up to 512GB via the microSD card slot.
TECNO Pova Camera
At the back, TECNO Pova has a quad camera setup which is a headlined by a 13MP f/1.9 main shooter. Completing the setup is a 2MP macro lens, a 2MP depth sensor and an AI lens which is supported a super quad LED flash. The camera is capable of AI beauty, Super night mode, Portrait mode and AI detection.
For selfies, the punch-hole cutout houses 8MP AI selfie camera which has dual front flash and is capable of AI beauty and portrait mode.
Connectivity and Battery
TECNO Pova is powered by a non-removable Li-polymer 6,000mAh battery. It uses a dual nano SIM card and connectivity options are WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0 and a 3.5mm audio jack. The smartphone supports 18W Flash Charge – a 10mins charge gives 2.4hrs of call time or 20hrs of music playback.
TECNO Pova Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 171.23 x 77.57 x 9.4mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: N/A
- Colour: Magic Blue, Speedy Purple, Dazzle Black
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 6.8-inch, 20.5:9 Aspect ratio, 90.4 screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD 720×1640 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, HiOS v7.0
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB
- Primary: 13MP + 2MP + 2MP + AI sensor with Quad LED flash
- Secondary: 8MP with Dual flash
- Camera features: AI Beauty, Portrait mode, Super Night mode, AI Detection
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850/900/2100
- 4G: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20/B28 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 6,000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: Yes, 18W Flash Charge
- OTG Support Yes
TECNO Pova Price and Availability
TECNO Pova is available across retail outlets in Nigeria at a recommended retail price of N77,000.