TECNO has updated its power series lineup with the Pouvoir 4. The smartphone comes with upgraded performance over its predecessor, the Pouvoir 3 and offers a better camera and a much bigger display.
The Pouvoir series is known for having powerful batteries and this year’s Pouvoir 4 comes with a massive 6,000mAh battery. Let’s take a look at what the device has to offer.
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Key Specifications
- 7” Dot Notch Screen, 720 x 1600 resolution
- 13MP Quad Rear Camera, 8MP selfie camera
- 6000mAh Battery
- Quad-core 2.0GHz, MediaTek Helio P22
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB ROM expandable further with the SD card
- HiOS 6.1 based on Android™ 10
- Fingerprint, Face Unlock 2.0
Design and Display
TECNO Pouvoir 4 5 has a plastic body and an all-glass front has a 90.55% screen-to-body ratio. It has a big 7” waterdrop notch screen with a 720 x 1600 resolution. The screen is big enough for cinematic experience with its 20.5:9 aspect ratio and it is capable of 480nits brightness. The notch houses the 8MP selfie camera which comes with a dual LED flash.
At the back is its quad camera setup and the fingerprint scanner which is positioned at the centre. The smartphone measures 174.9 x 79.6 x 9.2mm in dimensions and it is available in three colours – ice jadeite, cosmic shine and fascinating purple.
Hardware and Software
TECNO Pouvoir 4 ships Android 10 out of the box based on HiOS 6.1 custom UI. The device is powered by a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset clocking at a 2.0GHz quad-core speed, it is built on the 12nm process and is backed up by an IMG PowerVR GE8320 in terms of graphics.
In terms of memory, it has a 3GB RAM and a 32GB internal memory which is further expandable via the micro SD card slot up to 256GB. It has a Dual nano SIM slot which supports 4G LTE connectivity.
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Camera
Pouvoir 3 came with dual rear camera but TECNO has upgraded the camera for the Pouvoir 4. Pouvoir 4 has a quad camera setup at the back with a 13MP main camera, a 2MP macro lens, a 2MP depth sensor lens and a QVGA lens.
For selfies, there is 8MP camera with a dual LED flash.
Connectivity and Battery
TECNO Pouvoir 4 has dual nano SIM slot with 4G LTE connectivity and a micro SD card slot. It has a fingerprint scanner at the back. It supports OTG, Bluetooth 5.0, comes with a 3.5mm audio jack and FM radio.
It comes with a 6,000mAh non-removable battery, it is not-stated if it supports fast-charge. The battery is capable of 792 minutes of movie time and 638 minutes of gaming time.
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: Height: 174.9 x 79.6 x 9.2mm
- Material: Glass front, Plastic back
- Weight: N/A
- Colour: Ice Jadeite, Cosmic Shine and Fascinating Purple.
- SIM Dual SIM: (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Size: 7-inch, 20.5.9: Aspect ratio, 90.55% screen-to-body ratio
- Screen Resolution: HD+ 720×1600 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 10, HiOS v6.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P22, Quad-core 2.0GHz
- IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 13MP + 2MP + 2MP + Low Light sensor with Quad-LED flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps, gyro-EIS
- Secondary: 8MP(f/2.0) selfie with dual LED Flash
- Video Resolution: 1080 at 30fps
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: B1/B5/B8
- 4G: B1/B3/B5/B8/B38/B40/B41 TDD-LTE Bluetooth v5.0
- USB: microUSB 5 Pin
- Loudspeaker Yes
- Audio Jack 3.5mm
- Sensor: Fingerprint, Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 6000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support Yes
TECNO Pouvoir 4 Price and Availability
The device is not yet available in Nigeria but its retail price should be close to N40,000 – N45,000.