TECNO Mobile has announced that it will join the first batch of global brands to run the new Android™ 12 Beta on its latest smartphone, the CAMON 17 series, bringing the earliest experience of Android 12 to the early adopters of newest tech.
Google announced at Google I/O held on May 18th and 19th that the Android 12 Beta will be available for a pre-release run in May, while the official version will be later in the year.
Users of the TECNO CAMON 17 smartphone can download the pre-released versions of Android 12 Beta on TECNO’s official website starting on May 18th to have the early bird experience.
At the time Android 12 will be released later this year, all TECNO CAMON 17 devices will be among the first smartphones to receive a notice to install and experience it. As an early adopter of the operating system upgrade to Android 12 beta, TECNO CAMON 17 devices will provide users a more fluid, secured and smarter experience.
Stephen HA, Vice President of TRANSSION and GM of TECNO Mobile, said: “We are always dedicated to providing access to the latest in mobile technology, at scale and at the earliest possible time. These latest innovations with smart software and hardware enable a seamless smart ecosystem that take our consumers’ mobile experience to the next level. I am glad that with the long-term partnership with Google, TECNO CAMON 17 running on Android 12 will give users a delightful experience while using their phones.”
TECNO Mobile is a rising global leader in the mid to high-end smartphone segment, with a brand essence to unlock the best of contemporary technologies in artistic designs, showcasing its mastery of serving the youth-generation consumers who are “young at heart”, and inspiring them to never stop pursuing excellence. Its highly-anticipated and now launched TECNO CAMON 17 series are camera-centric smartphones having its base model as a 4G smartphone with 5000mah battery, 128GB ROM + 6GB RAM and a 6.8”dot edge-to-edge display.
Some cool benefits of the optimised Android include:
- Improved app launch experience – running on Android 12, a new app launch animation for all apps from the point of launch, a splash screen showing the app icon, and a transition to the app itself are added, making app start up a more consistent and delightful experience.
- New call notification template – running on Android 12, call notifications are improved to give them more visibility and scanning capability, improving their consistency with other notification components. The users can attach a large avatar image, provide text, and set button colour hints.
- Improved web linking – running on Android 12, some changes are made to help users get to their content faster and more seamlessly.
- Rich haptic experiences – The tools are expanded to create informative haptic feedback for UI events, immersive and delightful effects for gaming, and attentional haptics for productivity.
- Video encoding improvements – Android 12 standardizes the set of keys for controlling the range of the video Quantization Parameters (QP) to ensure that users don’t experience extremely low quality when videos are complex.
- Trust and safety: Running Android 12, new controls over identifiers are added that can be used for tracking, safer defaults for app components, and more.
Camon 17 users who are interested in installing Android 12 beta can follow the quick guide below:
- Download a tool set on a PC, transfer it to the root folder using a USB cable.
- Navigate to the downloaded file and tap on the software package, then click the “START” button when prompted.
- Wait for the upgrade to be completed.
- For more specific download steps, visit TECNO’s official forum: https://spot.tecno.com/global/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=98054