Recently, Chinese smartphone brand Oppo launched the Realme U1, the first in the U1 line. This phone aims to meet the needs of consumers who want a pocket-friendly product with an impressive selfie camera.
The Realme U1 will include the latest Helio P70 which has support from the 12nm FinFET process technology. The budget device will also consist of a 25MP camera at the front housed by a teardrop notch. Let’s go further to know what this device has to offer its potential consumers.
Oppo Realme U1 Key Specs
Here are the main features of this new device. They include
- A 6.3-inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 8.1 Oreo with 3GB/4GB Of RAM
- Octa-core 2.1GHz, MediaTek Helio P70
- 32GB/64GB of internal storage
- 13MP + 2MP rear camera and 25MP Selfie camera
- A 3.500mAh non-removable battery
Oppo Realme U1 Design and Display
Unique with a trendy design, the Oppo Realme U1 has a 6.3-inch IPS LCD with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 PPI. This screen covers about 90% of the phone, a feature which this device shares with the Realme 2. You can find a teardrop notch at the top of the screen which houses the selfie snapper. Corning Gorilla 3 glass protects the screen from damage.
A fingerprint sensor lies with the dual back camera at the top left corner at the back of the phone. The back of the phone consists of specially coated acrylic which gives it a glassy look. This material makes the phone weigh lighter and has a lesser chance of damage than with glass.
You can purchase the Realme U1 in exotic colours such as Brave Blue, Ambitious Black, and Fiery Gold.
Oppo Realme U1 Camera Review
The selfie camera of Oppo Realme U1 is its selling point. The notch houses a single camera of 25MP with f/2.0 aperture which can record HD videos at 30fps.
At the back of the phone lies dual cameras- a 13MP main shooter with f/2.2 and a secondary 2MP with f/2.4 complete with a LED flash. These cameras can also record 1080p videos at a speed of 30fps however they cannot record 4k videos.
Oppo Realme U1 Hardware and Software
Another exciting feature is its hardware. First, the device will be the first of the Oppo brand that will work with the recent Mediatek Helio P70 chipset with octa-core processors at speeds of 2.1GHz. The chipset includes high-speed image processing hardware. It also ensures the phone can adjust the depth of the field in portrait mode and enhances your gaming experience.
A Mali-G72 MP3 GPU also makes gaming fun on the Realme U1. The phone also comes in two variants. These variants include a 3GB RAM with 32GB of internal memory and a 4GB version with 64GB of dedicated internal storage. You can expand the storage space to as much as 256GB with a MicroSD card.
The phone consists of two slots suitable for Nano SIMs. The phone will run on Andriod 8.1 Oreo-based on Oppo’s proprietary Color OS 5.2.
Battery & Network Connectivity
An irremovable 3500mAh battery which supports fast charging will power the device.
Furthermore, the phone will have connectivity options such as 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wifi, Wifi direct and also Wifi hotspot. The phone also supports USB on the Go via its Micro 2.0 port. The Realme U1 also comes with an FM radio.
Below are the complete specifications of the Realme U1.
Oppo Realme U1 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 157 x 74 x 8 mm
- Material: Acrylic
- Weight: 168g
- SIM: (Dual Nano-SIM, Dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Touch Panel/ Type: 2.5D, Gorilla® Glass 3
Screen Ratio: 90.8%
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, HD+ 1080 x 2340 pixels (409ppi)
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Color OS 5.2)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P70, Octa-core
- CPU Type(s): ARM Cortex-A73x4, ARM Cortex-A53x4
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72
- RAM: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- MicroSD card slot: Available, up to 256GB
- Primary: 13MP + 3MP LED flash
- Secondary: 25MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Available, micro USB 2.0
- Loudspeaker: Available
- Audio Jack: Available, 3.5mm
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 3,500mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Polymer
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Available
Price and Availability
- Proposed Retail Price: $209
- Availability: As from December 5
Oppo Realme U1 Price and Availability
Potential buyers can fetch the lower sized variant of 3/32GB for $169, and the other version of 4/64GB comes at a higher price of $209. The Oppo Realme U1 will hit the stores as from December 5.