Opay, the well-known Chinese company aiming to be the WeChat of Africa has ventured into the mobile phone industry. Last. Week, the company unveiled six smartphones in Lagos, Nigeria and one of them is the Olla Note 3.
Olla Note 3 is a mid-range device and Opay will go head-to-head with the Transsion big boys (TECNO, Infinix and itel)
Olla Note 3 Key Specifications
- 6.53” HD+ Notch-less display
- 16MP + 2MP Rear AI Camera
- 16MP Selfie camera
- 3,300mAh Battery
- MediaTek Helio P23 octa-core 2.0GHz
- 64GB ROM + 4GB RAM
- Android™ 9 Pie
Design and Display
Olla Note 3 features an all-plastic body and is available in two colours – Coral Blue and Midnight Black. At the back, its dual rear camera and LED flash are well-positioned vertically. Under the rear camera is the fingerprint sensor and the Olla brand logo which is positioned way down.
In terms of display, it has a 6.53” notch-less full view display with an HD+ resolution. It comes with a pop-up selfie camera hence the all-screen display.
Hardware and Software
The smartphone runs on Android 9.0. it is not clear yet if it is stock Android or the OS is based on a custom UI by the Olla brand. It is powered by a MediaTek Helio P23 2.0GHz octa-core processor on a 4GB RAM. It has a 64GB internal memory which is expandable up to 256GB via the microSD card slot.
Olla Note 3 Camera
Considering this is the first smartphone the Chinese brand will be releasing in the country; it is impressive they’ve gone for a pop-up selfie camera. The 16MP camera pops up when you press the dedicated side button. At the back is a dual setup featuring a 16MP main sensor and a 2MP macro sensor which also serves as depth sensor.
Connectivity and Battery
In terms of connectivity, it features a dual SIM and it supports 4G network. Other connectivity option includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and a microUSB port.
On the battery side, it has a 3,300mAh battery capacity which should last you for the most part of the day.
Olla Note 3 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 157.9 x 78.9 x 9.5 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 202g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: 2.5D curved glass IPS LCD
- Size: 6.53-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19.5:9, 720 x 1560 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 5 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P23, octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 256GB
- Primary: 16MP + 2MP
- Secondary: 16MP pop-up selfie
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: GSM/ HSPA/ LTE (band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700)
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, microUSB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: – No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- FM Radio: Yes
- Capacity: 3,300mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: N/A
Olla Note 3 Price
Olla Note 3 will set you back by N56,500, a fair price. It’s available in retail stores around you.