For this post, we will be taking a look at the specifications of the Olla M8 Plus and its price. The smartphone is a budget device featuring a 5.99 HD+ IPS LCD display.
Olla M8 Plus Key Specifications
- 5.99” HD+ Notch-less display
- 8MP + 0.3MP Rear Camera
- 5MP Selfie camera
- 2,800mAh Battery
- MediaTek quad-core 1.3GHz
- 16GB ROM + 2GB RAM
- Android™ 9 Pie
Design and Display
All six smartphones share the same design and the Olla M8 Plus is no exception. The device has a plastic body build with curved edges and its available in two colours – Blue and Midnight Black. It has a big notch which houses the selfie camera and there is also a side thick bezel. It measures 158.7 x 74 x 9.3mm in dimensions and weighs 153g in size.
In terms of display, it features an IPS LCD screen with a 5.99” and 720 x 1440 resolution. It has a 221 PPI density and an 18:9 aspect ratio.
Hardware and Software
Olla M8 Plus comes is on the low-end side, it is powered by a MediaTek 1.3GHz quad-core processor. On the graphics side is a PowerVR GE8320 GPU. It runs on Android 9 Pie with a 2GB RAM and a 16GB internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB with your micro SD card.
Olla M8 Plus Camera
Olla M8 Plus has a 5MP selfie camera with a front-facing LED flash which is capable of recording HD videos at 30fps. At the back is a dual 8MP + 0.3MP rear camera setup.
Connectivity and Battery
In terms of connectivity, it features a dual SIM and it supports 4G network. Other connectivity option includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS and a micro USB port.
On the battery side, it has a 2,800mAh non-removable battery capacity which should last you for a decent part of the day. No fast charge is supported but it has the 5W standard charging.
Olla M8 Plus Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 158.7 x 74 x 9.3 mm
- Material: Plastic
- Weight: 153g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: 2.5D curved glass IPS LCD
- Size: 5.99-inch
- Screen Resolution: 18:9, 720 x 1440 pixels,
- Multi-touch: Yes, up to 3 fingers
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: MediaTek , quad-core 1.3GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 128GB
- Primary: 8MP + 0.3MP
- Secondary: 5MP
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Network 2G: GSM/ HSPA/ LTE (band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300)
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, micro USB
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: – No
- GPS: Yes
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- FM Radio: Yes
- Capacity: 2,800mAh Non-removable
- Type: Li-Ion
- Fast Charging: N/A
- OTG Support: N/A
Olla M8 Plus Price
If you want to get the Olla M8 Plus, you will have to part with a sum of N22,000.